[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What emails of yours has RMS responded to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8
File: rms.png (29 KB, 560x582) Image search: [Google]
rms.png
29 KB, 560x582
What emails of yours has RMS responded to?
>>
>>52547354
I suggested youtube-dl as a free alternative for downloading videos in webm, without running flash and he changed a article on gnu.org to mention it.
>>
I don't send any emails to Stallman because I don't feel there would be anything we would discuss.
>>
i emailed him pictures of my penis every day for 2 years and he never responded :(
>>
>>52548498
Too busy, I think...
>>
E-mailing RMS is equivalent to DOS of the lord
>>
>>52547354
>>52548272
i'm jealous lads
>>
I asked him why he supports bernie sanders. I compared forced taxation to free software and asked him whether or not he treats physical things the same as software. Turns out he thinks the rich should be forced(ayyyyfreedom) to pay for shit just because they have wealth. I lost all respect for him after this email.
>>
Why does it help that software is NSA free if you're still going to run proprietary Made in USA (meaning backdoored) hardware?
>>
>>52550200
>fuck you nsa
>paying for nsa is good
lolwut
>>
File: qb_newbanner[1].png (80 KB, 800x200) Image search: [Google]
qb_newbanner[1].png
80 KB, 800x200
>>52547354
STALLED
T
A
L
L
E
D
>>
>>52550200
>governments need money
>rich people have the most money
>rich people will barely even notice taxes
I don't see what's wrong here

Maybe you're having a reflex jerk to taxes when they might not even apply to you, and if they do, they'll be insignificant
>>
>>52550200
thats nice now run along for your young republicans meeting
>>
>>52550200
>Middle class Americans pay more than upper class
Fucking shit
>I would vote for FDR
He's literally worse than the most rabid hatred of Bush could imagine
>Taxes are good when spent on the poor
Why not when they are spent on EVERYONE.
Jesus Christ. I knew stallman was a dipshit, but Noam Chomsky seems sensible compared to him.
>>
>>52550244
you seem to be under the impression the rich people just store money underground and never use it on anything. without wealth nothing could be created.

Go start a billion dollar business and support thousands of employees with $0

These fucking dumb kids (Da R1ch wont notice they juhst haord da moneys and ru1n ma lyfe)
>>
>>52550220
imagine being such a colossal fucking retard that you think being against government surveillance and paying taxes are directly contradictory
>>
>>52550244
>rich people will barely even notice taxes
Until you do what Bernie says and raise it to 90%. He literally says 90%.
Not 40%. Not 60%. 90%
They would sure as shit notice.
>>
>>52550200
>dooH niboR
damn I love that based man
>>
>>52550247
Im sure you are an idiot who took on insurmountable school debt, bought a brand new car, spend too much money on cigs and beer. Then complain when you struggle in life.
>>
>>52550200
FDR was a horrible human rights abuser
>>
>>52550291
>Im not going to pay taxes because da war!
>Duhhhhhhh raise taxes on da rich!
>>
File: 1453416254363.png (10 KB, 466x45) Image search: [Google]
1453416254363.png
10 KB, 466x45
>>52550200
What you fail to realize is that he's right in pic related.

Rich have all the money and pay no taxes while middle class does all the job and pays all the taxes.
Wealthy people ought to pay taxes, because they fucking don't at the moment.

And not even a Cucknie Niggers supporter.

But holy fuck you have to be braindead to swallow all the bullshit about "rich people being financially oppressed".
Fuck off.
>>
I thought rms was cool until I learned that he just has an honorary doctorate. Literally nobody with an honorary doctorate refers to themselves as Dr.
>>
>>52550316
>Rich have all the money and pay no taxes while middle class does all the job and pays all the taxes.
>Wealthy people ought to pay taxes, because they fucking don't at the moment.
Aside from the fact that that's totally false, I agree.
Oh wait, no I don't.
Thats a lie perpetuated by fucking morons.
>>
>>52550328
You forgot that having 10+ honorary doctorates is like having a single real one
>>
>>52550328
You shouldnt call yourself Dr. unless you have either a medical doctorate or a physics/chemistry doctorate.
>>
>>52550298
you understand how tax brackets work right? or no, because you've never paid taxes? you know 90% refers to 90% after a certain dollar amount, right? if you make a million dollars and the tax bracket is set at 90% @ 1mil, you don't get taxed 90% for the whole million, you get taxed 90% for every dollar after the million

>>52550315
like i said, you're a colossal fucking retard

>>52550301
not even close. full time student m-f, work 6 to 6 sat/sun and pay tuition out of pocket. paid cash for car, dont smoke or drink.
>>
>>52550340
When was the last time Apple paid taxes friend?
>>
>>52550359
>You forgot that having 10+ honorary doctorates is like having a single real one
In your fantasy world maybe.
But according to actual rigorous academics no.
>>
>>52550316
THE RICH LITERALLY PAY MORE OVER ALL YOU STUPID FUCK THE MIDDLE CLASS HARDLY PAYS SHIT TOWARDS THE TOTAL COLLECTED TAXES YOU GODAMN MORON HOLLY FUCK. ONE GUY WHO PAYS JUST TEN PERCENT OF ONE BILLION DOLLARS PROVIDES MORE MONEY THAN A SHIT LOAD OF MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE PAYING 20 - 30 PERCENT TAXATION. YOU ARE A FUCKING MORALLY DEFUNCT PIECE OF SHIT. SOME PEOPLE PAY MILLIONS IN TAXES EACH YEAR COMPARED TO ME ONLY PAYING A FEW THOUSAND A YEAR TELL ME HOW THATS "FAIR". ITS NOT YOU JUST WANT THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS YOU GREEDY FUCK FACE
>>
>>52550272
non-rich != poor... notice how he explicitly talks about the middle class? you know, those people actually carrying the economy?

>>52550275
you seem under the impression that big business and wealthy people generally tend to have a sense of social responsibility, when that is actually a rather rare occurence. sorry, but responding to hyperbole with hyperbole doesn't make you seem smarter.
>>
>>52550381
When Tim Cook and co. paid their taxes.
Bernie's favorite countries actually dont tax corporate earnings. They tax personal earnings.
What you want is to tax the same money twice. Which makes you a loon.
>>
>>52550376
Then what the hell are you complaining about. you are living on easy street, fucking greedy bitch
>>
I sent him /g/s birthday card and re told me to remove the mention of gentoo, as it wasn't free
>>
>>52550389
>ONE GUY WHO PAYS JUST TEN PERCENT OF ONE BILLION DOLLARS PROVIDES MORE MONEY THAN A SHIT LOAD OF MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE PAYING 20 - 30 PERCENT TAXATION.

Yeah that one guy would have to pay it in the first place.

>shilling for people who spend their lives trying to figure out how to stick their dicks even deeper
cuck lifestyle
>>
>>52550393
>middle class pretending they know how big business works
>>
>>52550389
>one of these days i'll be really rich, so i have to make sure nothing bad happens to the ultra-wealthy because some day i'll be one of them! right?

>>52550416
how stupid are you? if i take out loans and spend my weekends smoking weed with my faggot friends, i'm on easy street. but if i'm breaking my back working constantly and doing things the responsible way, i am also on "easy street". do you see the disconnect here, you fucking cave dweller?
>>
>>52550376
>you know 90% refers to 90% after a certain dollar amount, right?
No shit.
We actually already have tested this hypothesis in the 50s. See when we lowered that shit from 90%.
Oh will you look at that. The Laffer curve does apply at 90%. Literally everyone at the time knew this, but Bernie is a regressive,
>>
>>52550439
>benefits off of the technology provided by those evil corps
>pretends thats not the case when he complains how evil they are

The populous literally makes "evil corporations" possible. Stop buying into the benefits, until then shut the fuck up you hypocrite.
>>
>>52550389
calm down, dude.
>>
>>52550448
yeah and when those schools loans aren't paid and he can no longer attend school, he's left homeless and a druggy.

are you really this stupid?
>>
>>52550448
you act like by someone having billions you life is somehow worse off?

its like if you had a small farm that you could live the rest of your life off of. because some other guy has a farm 5 times the size your life is somehow impacted
>>
>>52550446
>guy on /g/ pretending he knows about life
i can't even.

this discussion culture is so fucked up. please, do state what exactly it is that i'm not understanding about big business - which very obviously was a generalization made for the sake of not dragging the argument out for days. are you trying to misunderstand everything people say or just the ones you think you disagree with?
>>
File: 1453385174696.jpg (31 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453385174696.jpg
31 KB, 500x375
>>52550477
Last time i bought a new piece of technology was in 2002 adn that was NFS:HP2 and last time i changed my computer hardware was 8 years ago

keep on cucking cuck
cuuckoo cuckooo
>>
>>52550488
i don't understand the point you're trying to make. who is "he" and what school loans? i can't tell if you're not following the conversation properly or if you just suck ass at english, but i do know one thing: you sure are ugly

>>52550515
in what way am i acting like that? i think you're extrapolating way too much from this conversation. if you actually read the posts i've made i haven't said anything about my life being worse off, nor have i complained about anything, nor have i supported a 90% tax
>>
>>52550244
Rich people mostly leave their money in the markets. Which is good.

If you gave it to the government like 25% goes to the pyramid scheme of SS, 25% for healthcare handouts, 20% for military spending, 10% welfare and ~7% debt service.

Wow what an excellent allocation of resources.
>>
>>52550272
>Noam Chomsky seems sensible compared to him
kek
>>
>>52550515
it's called society. we pay together, we benefit together. we stand together, we fall together. that's the principle here. it's not about greed, it's about the guy with 5 farms paying _at least_ 5 times more than the guy with 1, not even less. how is this a difficult concept?
>>
>>52550316
Rich people pay most of taxes fuck head.

Wahhh they don't pay enough taxes they have a lower rate! No they don't. Stop being brainwashed and look it up yourself. But muh capital gains is lower! Yeah on money that was already taxed to purchase the equities. It's double taxed.
>>
>>52550381
Every year.

They don't repatriate profits thought because it would literally just be burning money and they don't need their mountain of cash state side for any particular reason at the moment.
>>
All of the ones I sent to him
>>
Here's some data for you fags.

If Bernie wants Canada's system, then I'm all for it. If you make $55k/year and you aren't married, you get fucked in America. You pay a higher tax rate than you would in Canada, on top of Social Security, Medicare, and your own separate retirement since you won't see a dime of SS. So you're paying for health care twice (Medicare and your own employer's insurance) and retirement twice (SS and your own 401k, and if you're under 40 then you better be funding the shit out of your 401k).

After all these deductions, you end up way, way behind a Canadian making the same.
>>
>>52550393
>you seem under the impression that big business and wealthy people generally tend to have a sense of social responsibility

spoken like a true 10th grader.

>hurr durr rich people and BIG corporations are evil because, I mean look! Of course they are! Way more evil than the average joe especially!
>>
>>52550545
>ss is a scheme
>healthcare "handouts"

meanwhile in Europe, Germany assrapes everyone else by having a better ss/wf system than everybody else and all of Europe doesn't even bother worrying about healthcare because simply everybody has it and that's that.
>>
>>52550389
he mad son
>>
>>52550541
You think a guy with massive student loans that smokes weed everyday is living on easy street. Which means you can't think past the present.
>>
>>52550563
In a fantasy land where everyone works the same amount
>>
>>52550640
no.. i was characterizing the argument being made by the dumb fuck who originally said "i bet you're on student loans blah blah blah". try to keep up, if i can't think past the present then why am i not on student loans smoking weed you fucking retard?
>>
>>52550681
Because you said the weed smoker has it easier than you being the responsible one.
>>
>>52550618
dude, you're starting to annoy me.
please, point out where i said rich people and big corporations were evil?

i said they rarely have a sense of social responsibility. that is not a moral judgement, it is a fact. for corporations, it's not hard to explain, either - they don't have much of an immediate incentive to have that. big corporations have a responsibility to their shareholders first, with the employees being a close second, but they're globally distributed, so they lack a sense of responsibility for a community.

big corporations aren't evil in the least. they're doing a job, and most of them, at least in the tech sector (my focus), are doing a rather decent one. it's for us as a society to decide if and how we want to give them better incentives to be socially responsible; enable education and healthcare more would be one example.

you want to have a discussion or rather keep calling me a 10th grader?
>>
>>52548272
I emailed him something similar, and he pointed me to that article.
>>
>>52550618
People high up in business are 4 times more likely to be a psychopath than the general population.
>>
>>52550660
no, it's the real world where most people work to their abilities. because, you know, that's just what they do.

contrary to what fox news would have us believe, 90% of poor people are NOT trying to cheat the system.
>>
>>52550727
helpful.
>>
>>52550619
>Germany assrapes everyone else by having a better ss/wf system than everybody else

Were about to find out how great it is if it can handle the insane amount of shitskins Merkel keeps bringing in
>>
>>52550618
They're not more evil, they just have the money and power to actually do evil things
>>
>>52550244
Of course they do, and they know how to spend money well, that's how they got rich in the first place. That money shouldn't be given to irresponsable poorfags when it could help the economy.
>>
>>52550720
oh my god, i literally JUST explained this lol. its right there in the post you quoted. i think you need to take an english language refresher course before you try and tackle macroeconomics

>>52550740
mmmm i don't know man there's a LOT of lame, useless people who are too stupid to help. just picture all the people who work at mcdonalds and have 3 kids and then start complaining and picketing about how it's impossible to raise a family on minimum wage.. well, yeah, no shit. you're not supposed to raise a family on minimum wage. anybody who thinks its acceptable to shit out a baby before you secure the means to raise it doesnt deserve welfare, theyre too fucking stupid to be helped. this is the crux of the problem with social welfare programs in america: poor people are genuinely fucking stupid mate. at least a lot of them are, enough to be a problem. you have to design policy while keeping in mind the fact that yes, a lot of it is going to waste on absolute scum of the earth idiocracy-tier "people"
>>
File: 2016-01-21-182448_scrot.png (63 KB, 1076x785) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-21-182448_scrot.png
63 KB, 1076x785
>>
>>52550328
Holy shit.

Then again. Schools should stop being media whores and handing them out like candy.
>>
>>52550792
Why do poor people have so many kids when they're poor? I never understood this.

It scares me to think that that is where the human race is heading, it's their genes being propagated. I feel like I should have kids because I'm pretty smart, but I'm a manlet so that cancels it out in terms of genetic superiority
>>
>>52550770
i have a feeling we're going to be just fine. most of them are actually very friendly, helpful people. a lot of them even skilled, job wise. it really is not a big mystery why the dumb fuck racists are so afraid of them; give them half a year to learn the language and the racists will be outskilled, easy.

>>52550792
it's always easy to look down if you're not on the bottom. i see your point, we have these assholes as well - "i'm a truck driver and can barely raise my 5 kids on my wage - it's so unfair that the government is kicking me out of the welfare apartment which i was temporarily given" - but somehow, we have to master the future. that can only mean that we, that we are able minded and able bodied, may have to pull a bit more of the weight than others. we can't leave them behind - they're just going to cost more and more money until it's too much even for us, and then we are all royally fucked together. no thanks.
>>
>>52550448
>how stupid are you? if i take out loans and spend my weekends smoking weed with my faggot friends, i'm on easy street. but if i'm breaking my back working constantly and doing things the responsible way, i am also on "easy street". do you see the disconnect here, you fucking cave dweller?
Because you're doing unvaluable work and you could probably be replaced by a robot. Of course that's fair.
>>
>>52550881
>being racist determines your skill level

You heard it here first boys!
>>
>>52550810
>three months to craft a reply
>links you to the manual
>>
>>52550200
he's basically saying that you have to tax the rich the same way that to non-rich people

on most countries rich people do tax evasion and that's wrong no matter which kind of government do you support
>>
>>52550838
i really don't know. i think part of it might be really bad education leading to kids thinking that pulling out actually works (i've actually met some people that think this and it genuinely shocked me that they were serious lol), or maybe they think even blowing a load inside your ugly girlfriend you still have like a 80% chance of no baby or something.. i really don't know. i've seen that a lot of aimless loser young adults think having a baby will like, kickstart their life and make them get their shit together, but instead they just start complaining that having a baby didn't magically double their income lol. if someone else wants to pitch in and explain why poor people keep having babies id love to hear because i wonder about this at least once a week

>>52550881
i know i literally said that poor people are stupid but to be fair its 4chan so theres a certain level of "i dont give a shit" bullshittery laced in my post. i totally sympathize with anyone that is hard working regardless of class, and whether anyone reading this believes me or not, i dont discriminate against or hate poor people, just lazy people, and from my anecdotal experience, a lot of poor people are just lazy and stupid as sin. welfare should be there to help poor people that actually need it, not to supplement a continuously shitty and miserable existence and help them afford weed until they die. that's what irritates me, deep down im a big liberal teddy bear that wants to help people, but theres so many fucking idiots that we're wasting it on. i guess i just hope to find a middle ground where we can help people without enabling the bottom feeders
>>
>>52550899
i work in healthcare, i'm skilled labor and i get paid well because of it. it took me a lot of time and effort and initiative to undergo training, certification, job hunting etc and im enjoying the rewards. i think youre seriously misreading my posts and you should just stop talking until you finally understand the flow of this conversation
>>
>>52550913
well, fair conclusion from what i said admittedly, but not what i meant. i was talking more about the people in the streets, unable to correctly write phrase or spell their complaints. i'm fairly certain they're not pulitzer prize candidates.
>>
>>52550965
>i work in healthcare
So you're not an MD?
>>
>>52550935
He's a busy man.
>>
>>52550984
yeah dude, you caught me. all along i was pretending to be a medical doctor who is also a full time student working on the weekends, but you blew my cover. no i'm not an MD you fucking idiot.
>>
I only want to email stallman a picture, just so he has to boot into X which I know he hates to do.
>>
>>52550200
conservacuck pls go
>>
>>52550944
i have a feeling we agree to a fair degree on the welfare thing.

why poor people are so happy to multiply though, i can't help you with. i have zero idea why that is the case either.
>>
>>52550200
Tbh I completely agree with him.
>>
>>52550997
I'm just fucking with you. I don't know why you took my first post as a literal personal attack.

I'm just pointing out that labour in low demand being paid less is a fair system, because society can generally do without low demand. Society can't do without genius business men directing our resources, brilliant engineers developing useful patents, programmer wizards who write the next innovative media etc.

Farmers? Shitton of mexicans we can import.
>>
>>52550360
If you attain a doctorate in a field by all means you have the right to be called "Doctor"
>>
>>52551006
Convert it to ASCII
>>
>>52551050
sorry lol, i couldnt tell if youre one of the 2-3 vegetables that were replying to me earlier. i agree with the rest of your post too, which is why im railing so hard against these fucking idiots working at McDonalds and complaining they cant raise a family. it really blows my mind. i tried having a conversation about this with an IRL friend and it just didnt seem to click, he's like "yeah but.. lol say that to some lady that had the condom break bro? thats heartless..", well get an abortion then? the morning after pill? throw yourself down a flight of stairs? i can say from first hand experience its really not hard to avoid having a fucking baby. birth control is basically free (LITERALLY free if you make your way to a Planned Parenthood or something similar), so anyone who has a baby they cant afford has nobody to blame but themselves. no fuckin mercy man. send em to mexico for all i care, soon as you ask the taxpayer to pay for your orgasm you done fucked up.
>>
>>52551018
Aqua teen hunger force worded it most eloquently by Ol' Drippy almost 14 years ago:
"Idle hands spend time at the genitals"

Poor lazy bored idiots fuck. Continuously. Like it's going out of style. And the poor lazy bored idiot women are too lazy to go to the public health clinic and grab a stack of free condoms.

And thus begets more poor lazy bored idiots.
>>
>>52550389
he said tax RATE

not absolute tax dollars

you should understand math better before posting on the technology board
>>
>...will use it for an hour if its not free

So he WOULD Netflix and chill if it was at the girls house, right?
>>
File: 1445561065215.jpg (216 KB, 1106x838) Image search: [Google]
1445561065215.jpg
216 KB, 1106x838
>>52550810
>meme arrows
>>
>>52550881
>i have a feeling we're going to be just fine. most of them are actually very friendly, helpful people. a lot of them even skilled, job wise. it really is not a big mystery why the dumb fuck racists are so afraid of them; give them half a year to learn the language and the racists will be outskilled, easy.

Friendly and helpful people who keep raping your women while everyone keeps quiet so they don't look "racist"?
>>
>>52550389
Wow, your capitalization and insults have convinced me, tomorrow morning I'll start the process to be naturalized american so I can vote Trump on the next presidential election.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.