[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All aboard the lels train > Brendan Eich, co-founder of Mozilla
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2016-01-21-15-33-00.png (578 KB, 1200x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-21-15-33-00.png
578 KB, 1200x1920
All aboard the lels train

> Brendan Eich, co-founder of Mozilla and creator of the JavaScript programming language, has unveiled his latest project: Brave, a Web browser that blocks adsby default... and then replaces those blocked ads with its own ads. Brave Software, the company behind the eponymous browser, will take a 15 percent cut of the ad revenue generated in this way
>with its own ads
>own ads
>ads

Fuck
>>
>replacing ads with other ads
isn't that some kind of crime?
>>
So you are gonna now have to pay browsers protection money your something unfortunate will happen to your advertisement campaign?
>>
>>52543472
no I think this has to with the advertising standards faggotry Google is getting behind. delusional plebs still believe that people won't block ads if they meet this whatever standard.
advertisers in this cartel won't have their ads replaced, outside the cartel no one gives 2 shits about
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-21-15-57-19.png (499 KB, 1200x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-21-15-57-19.png
499 KB, 1200x1920
>>52543318
This is some mafia tier stuff
i hope they get Joe Pesci on board, he knows how to handle extorsion
>>
Well that's... brave. Nonetheless, websites will most probably warn the users about their crappy browser the same way they do with adblock now. I've been on some websites that completely block me if I don't turn off adblock on their domain. (Actually, they say something like adblock is known to cause issues.... blablabla)
>>
>Eich is an expert they said
>Eich will save the web they said
>firing him was a mistake they said
>>
>>52543995
Daily reminder that Eich was not fired. He voluntarily resigned with no pressure from anybody in administration.
>>
>>52543318
> Yan Zhu

Welp didnt know she was the security/privacy engineer there. Im sure its pretty secure. Not even kiddin
>>
>>52543617
>I've been on some websites that completely block me if I don't turn off adblock on their domain.

Never a problem if you block it with your host file instead
>>
File: Jimmy.gif (16 KB, 200x243) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy.gif
16 KB, 200x243
>>52543318
but how will it block ads camouflaged as news articles?
you can't fight them all man, you just can't
>>
So now ads are being replaced by nothing.
But soon they will be replaced by other ads that will be replaced by nothing.
Ok
>>
>>52543514

There are some people who actually would view ads if they weren't spying on them, or having the very real possibility of sneaking malware to the user.

Personally, I am not one of those people. I block ads on every website, even the ones I like, no exception. Let someone else pay the eyeball tax.
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (39 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
39 KB, 600x400
i will use it as soon as someone release an adblock for the ads that go over the builtin adblocked ads

Blockception right there
>>
>>52545007
Why not just create (or use) a fork that does only block the ads and not replace them?
>>
>>52545144
I think they will already have that built in, but try to make you feel bad when you enable it
>>
Mozilla did nothing wrong
>>
>>52544333
No, you have to opt in to the ability to replace ads with other ads by downloading his stupid browser.

There's absolutely no way in hell this guy can actually believe this will be used by anyone. It HAS to be a scam to get tons of advertisers to buy into it as a last resort to keep their failing business model afloat.
>>
>people were crying over this guy getting fired

LOL
>>
>>52545329

Maybe we should make a fork that replaces the text to make you feel bad about yourself with some text to make you feel good about yourself.
>>
>>52543318
>replaces ads with their own ads
Yea, I got semi hyped when I heard about this, but that just killed it for me.

This shit can fuck off right away.
>>
Hahahaha.
If Eich had joined Mozilla they'd be dying even faster.
I bet this piece of crap will be bundled as bloat- and adware with installers like Oracles Java installer.
>>
>>52543615
> fix the web
> add more ads
>>
>>52543318
Is Eich any way related to Eichmann?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.