[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best distro for Xfce?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 2000px-Xfce_logo-footprint.svg.png (70 KB, 2000x1034) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Xfce_logo-footprint.svg.png
70 KB, 2000x1034
>inb4 install arch

I could install arch, but I actually need to do work on my computer, I can't spend endless hours setting it up. I want to use Xfce because it's lightweight and customizable, bit I want a decent distro with things setup out of the box. I know this might be hard to understand for /g/, but I don't want to spend hours configuring every little thing, I want it to just werk. But no major distro ships Xfce as a primary DE it seems. I tried the Fedora 23 Xfce spin, and it was buggy, and I can't be bothered configuring everything myself.
>>
You can download it on anything, but it's preloaded on Xubuntu, openSuse has one, Debian, Mint has one, most popular distros have a pre-configured xfce version. Really though, 'best distro for xfce' is like asking 'best distro for libre office', it doesn't matter.
>>
>>52542880
Xubuntu works well. Alternatively Ubuntu Minimal you don't the various bloat that comes with former.
>>
install gentoo
>>
>xfeces
>>
>>52542880
I run it on Debian. It's not the default primary DE but all you have to do is change the box from Gnome to Xfce in the installer.
>>
can't go wrong with xubuntu or manjaro with xfce
>>
>>52543896
>manjaro with xfce
this
>>
Antergos desu
>>
>>52542880
> inb4 install arch
> actually need to do work
> endless hours setting it up

nigger just install winblows, that looks good enuf for you
>>
>>52544009
antergos is ultimatly arch with very little work done and tiny team
manjaro at least delays updates to gain few weeks of using arch regular users as beta testers, before they roll it out themselves
>>
File: Install Gentoo.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Install Gentoo.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>52542880
GENTOO
E
N
T
O
O
>>
>it takes hours to set up arch

It take less than 30 minutes if you aren't retarded
>>
>>52542880

LFS
>>
It doesn't matter but I would recommend debian testing
>>
>>52542880
>i could install arch
>but im too much of a baby to use it properly
>>
Not OP.

How long does Arch actually take to install for someone installing it for the first time?
>>
>>52546311
Took me 2 hours. Only previous Linux experience was using mint. Longest part was figuring out how to install GRUB. Other than that just RTFW and you should be fine.
>>
>>52542880
>I could install arch, but I actually need to do work on my computer,
exactly, install arch
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.