[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about Windows 10?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_20160121-124109~01.png (145 KB, 518x518) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160121-124109~01.png
145 KB, 518x518
What do you think about Windows 10?
>>
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/malware-microsoft.html
>>
>>52541519
NSA/Windows 10 is malware.
>>
>>52541519
my computer illiterate friend bought a laptop recently and proudly stated it has win 10.
i said "yeah cool" without any enthusiasm and promptly changed the subject.i felt sorry for him.couldnt bring myself to tell him he just got an A grade NSA operating system.
>>
>>52541707
More like Grade S rank 1.
>>
File: gud.jpg (143 KB, 482x800) Image search: [Google]
gud.jpg
143 KB, 482x800
its pretty gud
>>
>>52541707
You should have told him to install google chrome to get the full botnet experience.
>>
>>52541519

DESIGNATED
>>
>>52541814
Google is like an autistic idiot, but wouldn't snitch as bad as M$.
>>
>>52541814
yep,thats all thats missing.
>>
>>52541628
Ha ha, what a story, Mark!
>>
>>52541939
You could say that again.
>>
B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>from the normie perspective
It marks an end to the microsoft era. Apple will most likely take over the traditional desktop role. Only people left that cares about windows are gamers & fanboys.
>>
>>52541519
It feels good man. Im using windows 10 right now and it is perfectly smooth.

Works like a charm.
>>
Designated shitting OS.
>>
>>52541614
>Shittalking about W10
>from an "open source" advocate website, the complete antithesis of windows

So I should take them about seriously as how wet I hope each fart I can pump out is?
>>
>>52542868
Whatever turns you on, friend. And all these statements are properly referenced to news articles from other sources than the FSF.
>>
considering I play alot of vidya, should I upgrade from W7 to W10?

also I heard you can disable the botnet-function?
>>
>>52541707
Don't lie, you fucking told him in an autistic way like "HURR DURR WHY, OK PAL LISTEN ALTHOUGH THE COMPUTER IS FASCHT NOW, IN TWO WEEKSCH ITLL BE SCHLOW THANKS TO NSA, YOU NEED INSCHTALL LINUSCH BECAUSCHE ITSCH BETTER HURR DURR"
>>
>>52541519
i love it
>>
>>52541628
This
>>
Love it

It's exactly what I expected to see in Windows 8
>>
File: rekt.png (38 KB, 909x525) Image search: [Google]
rekt.png
38 KB, 909x525
Superior PC coming trough.
>>
>>52542913
if you just use it for video games then you don't need to bother with the spying (then again they can probably find out your chat files and stuff so maybe that's also a risk for you).

But obviously the newest games will try to support older systems since not everyone will get windows10, so it's fine if you stick to win7. But I should warn you that every windows is a spying machine, and also every phone (android/iOs/Windows). NSA has one of the largest botnets in the world, only China has them beat.
>>
>>52541519
I got win 10 on my gaming and shitposting machine and I'm quite happy with it, it boots fast, its rock solid stable and its responsive as fuck.

Ive got mint on my laptop and anything I don't want botnetting I use that...though desu...it dosnt matter what OS you use if your doing something online then someone can read it.
>>
Tmw MS will be making you upgrade to Windows 10 by changing cpu infrastructure
>>
I would try it out if microsoft wasn't trying to get me to install it like clickbait malware sites
>>
>>52541519
I dual boot windows and gentoo, because I have an optimus card and bumblebee is shit for games.

This is my windows experience:
>have HDD
>buy SSD, reinstall windows on it because windows is shit on HDD (gentoo is fine).
>license key no longer works after reinstall, call MS support.
>they dick around for 30 mins, give up, and just give me a new key.
>start menu stops working the next day, known win10 issue
>all known fixes stop working in latest win10 build
>reinstall windows
>win10 update doesn't work this time, won't install my nvidia drivers
>reinstall windows

Thank gos this install is finally stable. Windows 10 is a mess, even compared to vista.
>>
>>52541519
Revolutionary, innovative and fast. It's like we are living the era of windows 95 replacing windows 3.1 all over again.
>>
>>52541519
K E Y L O G G E R.
E
Y
L
O
G
G
E
R.
>>
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Windows 10, is in fact, NSA/Windows, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, NSA plus Windows. Windows 10 is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another proprietary component of a fully functioning surveillance system.
>>
>>52541830
>Google
>autistic idiot
>wouldn't snitch as bad as M$

I don't know what world you're living in but Google has very close ties to the US government politically.
>>
>>52545452
So by using Windows 10 I'm basically an NSA agent? Sign me the fuck up!
>>
>>52541519
It is not NSA-related/torrent-related things that I dislike about it. Since I am not american.
It is corporate mass data collection, spying and bullshit EULA. And that extremely annoying nagging about "upgrade".
Convenience can only go so far. W10 really made me to consider linux for everyday use.
>>
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Windows 10, is in fact, NSA/Windows 10, or as I've recently taken to callingit, NSA plus Windows 10. Windows 10 is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another proprietary component of a fully functioning NSA system made useful by the NSA spyware, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined
by US central command.

Many computer users run a modified version of the NSA system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of NSA spyware which is widely used today is often called Windows 10, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the NSA spyware, developed by the NSA as part of the PRISM project.

There really is a Windows 10, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Windows 10 is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to spy on the user and send it to the microsoft servers where they can legally sell it to the NSA and other companies without the consent of the user due to CISA. Windows 10 is an essential part of the spy network, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete surveilance
system. Windows 10 is normally used in combination with the NSA system: the whole system is basically NSA with Windows 10 added, or NSA/Windows 10. All the so-called Windows 10 versions are just different versions of NSA/Windows 10.
>>
File: Dawkins.jpg (132 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Dawkins.jpg
132 KB, 500x333
>>52545644
saved.
>>
I will always buy Microsoft Windows™ because the future starts now™. Microsoft also pioneers innovative new technologies like DirectX™, Office™, and the highest quality operating system to ever grace computers.
When I boot up with a brand new computer running Microsoft Windows™ with the latest Z chipset powered by Intel™ and latest Nvidia™ graphics, I can enjoy the games the way they where meant to be played™. Microsoft™ also pioneers in the gaming field with its latest Xbox™ console to allow gamers to play on their big screens with family and friends.
Microsoft Windows™ is also very secure. It's the most secure operating system on the planet. It's harden against NSA probes, tested by highly trained and experienced programming engineers to have ever graced this planet. With such innovative security technologies like UAC, Defender, Security Essentials, BitLocker, and Windows™ Firewall you can ensure all your sensitive data is secured and you're safe on the internet. Microsoft™ most advanced, and dare say, the most advance web browser on the market, Edge™, has decoupled addon support, like flash, to ensure maximum user safety when browsing the web. You can ensure Microsoft™ keeps you safe from the NSA.
At this point in time there's really no reasons to consider Linux. I tried once. It caused my Nvidia™ graphics to overheat so much due to its poor quality, novice programmed, open source drivers that it exploded and nearly burnt down my house.
It's quite clear that OPs a Linux shill trying to convince you to settle on something less than the optimal experience with Windows™. Windows™ is the only real way to play games or do anything productive. We've seen that they offer incredible libraries for software developers like Visual Studio and Microsoft C++ Compiler. He is probably too poor to afford the Microsoft Windows™ experience and can not afford to play any games.
Don't be a poor gamer with bad security and no drivers. The Future Starts Now™ with Microsoft Windows™
>>
File: e6Avjgv.jpg (61 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
e6Avjgv.jpg
61 KB, 512x512
>>
AESTHETIC
>>
ugly malware
install gentoo
>>
>>52545644
KEK
>>
bloated as fuck runs on 2gb ram constantly whereas my linux mint systems runs on 800 mbs with firefox open
>>
>>52541519
Its overwhelmingly underwhelming
>>
>>52541519
Its fucking great. My 7200RPM HDD boots up in under 10 seconds compared to win7 25 seconds. Programs feel much smoother. After disabling cortana, antimalware, peer uploading and other botnet features it feels like win 7 but better and more updated
>>
Tried it for a month at launch, felt like an unfinished product, went back to 8.1
>>
>>52542868
>open spource
>fsf
stop pretending to know anything
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>52541519
Since today my PC has been acting weird. Windows explorer is really slow and keeps freezing, some applications dont work at all.
I almost want to blame windows 10 for being a piece of shit
>>
>>52546471
same issue here, good thing i only use that thing for gaming. it takes like 30 seconds to even open up my downloads folder.
>>
its been working fine for me
>>
>>52545762
Nice copypasta m8.
>>
>>52546458
It may be. But I wanna know why
>>
>>52548600
It's unstable, unresponsive (see>>52546512), intrusive, the default programs are universally shit, customization is almost nonexistent (not just the looks), managing your system is really hard with windows, it takes hours to set up properly and it treats all users like retarded children.
>>
>>52542046
here's your (you)
>>
>>52541519
I'd sooner use Linux that installng that shit
>>
Looks beautiful no doubt about it. Still has problems with a few software i use in a daily basis. Dual monitors, and three are bugged as hell. Cant opt out from updates, you can click that option all you want... same shit. Cant uninstall explorer, if you do actually dare to update, all of the "add on" programs that came with windows will be installed again. If you crack any software and you update, gets fucked up too.

Love how it looks, hate how limits me.
>>
>Normal, non g fag perspective
It feels slow on an average laptop, programs constantly crash and freeze. Its too complicated.

>Privacy perspective
B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

>Gamer perspective
I should have just stuck with Windows 7.

>Software Developer perspective
I'll never use this shit. Linux disto of my choice or Windows 7. Whatever I'm most comfortable with.

Overall, Windows 10 is just shit. Its a downgrade even if you disregard the privacy issues.
>>
Just got a Lenovo G50, based on today alone I'd say it's slow. Maybe it's because of the laptop itself?
>>
>be terrorist
>have Windows 10 and chrome as a cover
> use world of warcraft to communicate with brothers in a guild called American Bacon
>all attacks went through.
Plz learn how to botnet better.
>>
Does ShutUp10 remove botnet from premises efficiently, or is there a better way to disable said options?
>>
>>52546186
>8.1
disgusting
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.