[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyway to unlock a phone for free? All the sites ive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: ca_SGH-T989ZKDTLS_001_Front.jpg (22 KB, 767x767) Image search: [Google]
ca_SGH-T989ZKDTLS_001_Front.jpg
22 KB, 767x767
Is there anyway to unlock a phone for free? All the sites ive seen online charge for it
>>
Yeah it's called having a brain and doing a bit of research instead of clicking the first 3 results on google.
>>
>>52541036
Search for your model on the xda forums and start reading. If it's SGS2 you'll probably find plenty of resources there, maybe even fairly easy to use tools.

Just need to read stuff carefully.
>>
>>52541059
I think you mean i have to root my phone? I dont know this is my first smartphone
>>
>>52541149
>xda forums
its a samsung galaxy S2 X SGH-T989D
>>
So if I root my phone it will also unlock to any provider?
>>
>>52541166
Well you have a model and a site to start googling, best thing is to start reading. For the record I took full 2-3 evenings to read through guides, rom threads, etc to get a decent grasp of what to do and expect with my current phone.

With the retarded way US providers handle phones you'll want to be careful and really make sure you're using the right shit. Things are a tad easier for samsung international models (and even with those you sometimes have arbitrary variance and retarded model naming schemes).

If you only want to root though, it'll likely be relatively easy unless there's some extra fuckery going on.
>>
>>52541247
Sorry I haven't the faintest clue how that stuff works, never had to deal with shit like that as I've never seen a sim-locked phone where I live (I think they might be illegal).
>>
call the fucking provider and ask for the unlock code
>>
>>52542736
this desu senpai desu
>>
>>52542736
This.
They are legally obligated to allow you to unlock it.
>>
>>52541036
>he fell for the locked phone meme
>>
>>52541370
ok, we all get it, this is the first time you come across a problem in your life.

other anon kindly gave you a rough idea and a website to do some research and find out what's best for your phone.

Do you want someone else to do it for you, pay one of the online scam sites and carry on, if not stop being a fucking pussy and read a couple of posts on that site and do it yourself. It's not hard and there's a chance you'll learn something in the process.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.