[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I want to get into programming things other than TI-84
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3176x2592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3176x2592
Hey /g/ I want to get into programming things other than TI-84 calculators. What language should I learn and where can I find resources to learn?
>>
>>52536309
>What language should I learn
C
>and where can I find resources to learn?
google.com
>>
>>52536327
I'll try that out. Is Python worth learning?
>>
C++
>>
>>52536380
no
>>
Agda
>>
>>52536380
Yes. It's good to know a high-level language as they are often used in combination with low-level languages when developing apps. Unless you don't plan on making anything contributional to society, learn Python.
>>
>>52536309
I found pascal/delphi a much easier way to learn programming along with a lot of coding on paper
>>
>>52536380
where did this fucking python meme come from holy fuck triggered..
>>
>>52536380
Yes it is

There are not many languages that aren't worth learning for some reason or another. Ignore most of what /g/ posters have to say about programming, pick one suited for what you want to do and use search engines to find everything you need.

Let me reiterate: do not think of /g/ as a trustworthy resource
>>
i started learning c then realised everything is now programmed in c++
>>
>>52536380
imo yes, at least a little bit, python is really great for really quick simple programs or just experimenting with ideas.
>>
Learn with pascal or ada. Will teach you the general concepts of programming. Do not confuse programming with scripting, but you can learn to program in any language once you learnt the basics...
>>
>>52536380
Learn a proper language so you aren't one of those fucks who leak memory everywhere but don't care because "there is a lot of memory"
>>
>>52536309
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>52536443
everything's programmed in c++ now because if you don't include the 90% of programmers that don't feel like learning more than one language in depth, it's hard to hire good programmers.
>>
>>52536431
It's idiot proof, so why bother learning anything practical?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.