[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend some powered studio monitors <$300. I went with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: BX8a_m5.jpg (560 KB, 3166x2254) Image search: [Google]
BX8a_m5.jpg
560 KB, 3166x2254
Recommend some powered studio monitors <$300.
I went with my friend to pick up pic related from craigslist for $150. I'm so fucking jealous he got these at 70% off retail.
>>
>>52536197
JBL LSR 305s
>>
>>52536197
Rokit series
>>
>>52536232
kek nice b8
>>
>>52536227
This
>>
>>52536227
Are these better than the bx5?
>>
>>52536382
Almost certainly. The LSR's off axis response is great.
>>
>>52536402
Thanks for the response. Are the bx5's worth $130 or would it be wiser to put the extra towards the 305s'
>>
>>52536197
>craigslist
there's a good chance he just bought a couple particle board boxes with bricks inside
>>
>>52536440
I was with him and we tested them and used them at my apt for 4 days. They were incredible.
Have you not had great experiences with craigslist?
>>
>>52536467
I've had ok experiences but I know a lot of folk on there will try to scam you, and you should be picky about who you do business with on there
>>
>>52536436
I would save the money. As far as studio monitors go, it's hard to beat the 305s without spending a lot more money.
>>
>>52536491
There's no need to be picky. All you have to do is show up and if you aren't pleased, just leave.
The guy that sold them was an older guy and his family was home with him. Most craigslist dealings aren't that sketchy really.
>>52536493
Sweet thanks!
>>
stop posting this shitty monitor speaker meme you pakis
>>
>>52537327
slit your throat imbecile
>>
>>52537606
I'll throat your slit.
>>
>>52537628
hope your mother dies soon
>>
>>52537606
go back to bangawhore with your shit speakers paki
>>
>>52537327
>monitor speaker
this
>>
>>52536197
klipsch promedia 2.1
>>
>>52537632
that is messed up bro chill
>>
>>52536197
You might be able to get some Yamaha HS-80M's used at that price. Also 5" speakers suck.
>>
>>52536227
If I get two of these monitors, what subwoofer would you recommend? Also what do I need to hook them up to my computer? Amp? Receiver? Not really an audio guy just looking for some high quality sound and punchy bass. Let me know that kick drum hits or hear those drawn own bass lines in electronic music and rap
>>
>>52540240
8" two way speakers suck, you mean
>>
This.
>>
I have a pair of rokit6. I don't make music very often- mostly just for gaymen. They have lots of clean low-end.

They are cheap and have good sound. Really overkill for me- too big on my desk.

Dunno why people knock them so much. Sure others may be nice, but for me, I couldn't have a rear port where they are.

The only thing that bugs me is yellow. My psb imagine T are also yellow.
>>
>>52543658
People knock them because they're marketed more towards DJ'ing and bassy music listening rather than a flat response for critical listening, which is what you want in a studio monitor.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.