[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If CNN says it, it must be true. Why haven't you updated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: windows 10.png (9 KB, 333x215) Image search: [Google]
windows 10.png
9 KB, 333x215
If CNN says it, it must be true.
Why haven't you updated to the best windows yet, /g/?
>>
>>52534926
Because there's no dx12 games and my VM is only for fallout 4 anyway.
>>
>>52534926
I don't want an OS that spies on me
>>
File: 1449881335288.gif (646 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
1449881335288.gif
646 KB, 512x481
Windows 7 is good, windows 8.1 and 10 are both trash in their own respectable way. Or maybe its just me getting salty because they removed the windows 98 aesthetic in 8.1-10.
>>
>>52534926
Is this real?
>>
>>52535024
If they'd kept the Windows Classic theme I'd at least look into how I could de-botnet it so I could run it. But as it stands I have no interest in it, because of the awful UI.
>>
>>52535212
>Windows classic theme
what's it like being a retard?
>>
>>52535024
>Or maybe its just me getting salty because they removed the windows 98 aesthetic in 8.1-10.
/thread
>>
>>52535421
Spend enough time on /g/ and eventually you'll know
>>
>>52535421
flat design a shit
and you know it
>>
>>52534926
I know that the word "botnet" has lost its true meaning on /g/, but Win 10 is literal botnet.
>>
>>52535458
Not using your GPU is shit
>>
>>52536522
It's not ideal, but it's fine.

Fair trade to not have to use aero or metro.
>>
>>52536522
a UI should be light enough that it doesn't need a GPU or any 3d acceleration features at all. Windows Classic was snappy on a 486.
>>
>>52536566
Not really. GPUs are orders of magnitude more efficient both time and power wise at doing things like blitting textures on top of each other. Relying on your CPU to do this not only hampers your processor's available cycles for doing programmy things, its also massively wasteful on your power and heat budget.

Ideal would be to use the compositor but turn off unnecessary 'bling' like transparent window borders and useless drop shadows.
>>
>>52536567
I don't think you understand the point here. see >>52536667

Also Windows Classic is not snappy at all and it ghosts like a bitch.
>>
>>52536667
fuck off retard
>>
>>52536706
Go fuck yourself, you autismal failure of a coat hanger abortion.
>>
>>52536343
I feel like "botnet" does not accurately convey the insidiousness of windows 10.

It actively invades tour workspace to trick you into installing it, degrades your computing experience when you do, blocks or hampers features that you were previously used to, and can remove entire program installations that it decides it doesn't like. On top of this, it actively collects tour personal information, your usage habits, and listens in on your conversations.

I think it fits somewhere between adware, spyware, and malware all simultaneously. The only real botnet part of it is the bandwidth sharing for updates.

I think we can all readily agree to call it malicious at least.
>>
My ati mobility radeon 4200/5450 isnt supported and never will be. Good luck getting people to switch when they don't support old hardware
>>
>>52534926
I tried it. I thought it looked ok. It was something I could have gotten used to. It did not like any of my hardware, however and bluescreened every fucking chance it got even on a clean install. After some google work, I discovered that win10 hates MSI and Creative, and Radeon HD cards. I hate the MSI board anyway, so I might give Win10 another shot when I switch to Intel on an Asus board. I've already researched how to disable all the the data mining features.Then again, if they ever announce dx12 for Win7 then fuck 10.
>>
>>52537160
Free driver supports it ootb with opengl 3.3 on Ubuntu, and 4.2 with an updated build.

You literally couldn't be more wrong
>>
>>52535212
This.
>>
>>52534926
They told me Obama would be a great upgrade :)
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.