[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck /g/? I know they were doing it discreetly but now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_20160120-152348.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160120-152348.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
What the fuck /g/? I know they were doing it discreetly but now Facebook literally shares my info with advertisers? There is no way they could have generated shirts for all last names in the world. My last name must have been run through an image generation script to generate the image...

> inb4 using botnet
I know. I don't share any critical info on it. Just use it for communication..
>>
It's been perfectly well known for years that Facebook share every shred of private info they have about you with advertisers, it's how they make shit tonnes of money on virtually advertising alone. What's most surprising is the fact that you're surprised.
>>
>>52533375
>Markarian
GTFO armenian piece of shit
>>
>>52533466
> Turkroaches on 4chins

Haha. Back to your exploding mosques
>>
>>52533462
They previously let you filter and target the audience, but never actually gained access to the information. But this is different
>>
>>52533375
It's a Facebook thing. You wouldn't understand.
>>
>>52533930
How?
>>
>>52533375
i've noticed i've been getting a ridiculous amount of ads for domain vendors and amazon showing things related to recent purchases. just end my life senpai
>>
no surprise there, facebook is surveillance central. i would be messaging my friends about something and the next day there would be ads for the subject i was discussing.
>>
File: babby.jpg (21 KB, 360x262) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
21 KB, 360x262
How much do you have to be cucked, before you actually wipe your profile clean, and then perma-close your account?

Does Zuck have to ejaculate in your anus for you to finally realize how much of a whore you are?

I really do not understand this.
>>
>>52536441
I don't share any info on Facebook. My profile is as simple as it gets. The name is just the minimum for me to communicate with grills from college... Some people actually have a life outside of /g/, anon.
>>
>>52536548
>Some people actually have a life outside of /g/, anon.

True, but what happened to actually fucking talking to people? Let me put it this way: if the only way that anyone would talk to you is through Facebook, then you have exactly zero friends.
>>
>>52536588
> Me: Hey guys, anyone down to do something tonight?
> Grill 1: yeah sure
> Grill 2: why not. I'm free :)
> Boy 1: nice idea.. I'll pick you guys up

That's how the combo goes most of the time..
>>
>>52536588
For me, it's for myconnections.
Say what you want, but I wouldn't have gotten my current job without them.

My actual friends I talk to in...
other manners.
>>
>>52533930
fucking kek
>>
>>52533375
>i resign all right about the information i upload to fb
>hey, wtf! why are they using my information?
>>
>>52533462
shares you fucking retard
>>
>sharing info with advertisers
Isn't it possible for Facebook/Google/etc. To act as an anonymizing layer between you and advertising agencies?

For instance, Facebook will aggregate your information, and use it to build ad profiles about you. Then, they display ads to you based on tour profile, WITHOUT actually giving the advertising agency any information (except perhaps that they had their ad viewed once).

I'm not saying this is what's happening, I'm just asking if it's possible (i.e. could somebody else do this)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.