[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm new to linux and I wish to know where I find programs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1453216961278.png (40 KB, 613x556) Image search: [Google]
1453216961278.png
40 KB, 613x556
I'm new to linux and I wish to know where I find programs that seemingly disappeared from the places they should be at, like 1. their site, 2. sw center/package manager or sourceforge.

aptik, prozilla and some other program disappeared

google returns me shit and dead ends
>>
DEPRECATED

use systemd
>>
>>52530958
how`s that supposed to help me
>>
>>52530928
Stop using them, find replacement.
>>
Install windows
>>
>>52531052
I didn`t start to use them in first place.

I feel like I need aptik because I want to backup the application packages I download and they do it very easily
prozilla isn`t as needed, I just want to experiment it

but please tell me that if a file comes out of these centers/sites there is somewhere else I can find lastest/previous versions of them.

because if not, this is so shit.
>>
>>52531512

this: http://www.teejeetech.in/?m=1 ?
>>
File: wVs5hOy.jpg (479 KB, 943x1280) Image search: [Google]
wVs5hOy.jpg
479 KB, 943x1280
>>52531512

http://www.teejeetech.in/2016/01/aptik-v20.html?m=1

or this, you lazy FUCK! add the repository. Did it work?
>>
>>52530928
>aptik
Literally just make a back up of /etc/apt/sources.list and the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
>prozilla
"Download accelerators" were always snake oil.
>>
File: zelda_1.jpg (17 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
zelda_1.jpg
17 KB, 256x352
>>52532190
>>52532161
I visited the site, tried the steps earlier today
didn`t werk
but then
>repository
?
ctrl+c
shift+ctrl+v
it wekr
>mfw

thanks bro I have no idea what i`m doing
>>
>>52532204
>Literally just make a back up of /etc/apt/sources.list and the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
thanks bro, I`ll try it

>"Download accelerators" were always snake oil.
I want to kill you
>>
File: facefucker.png (209 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
facefucker.png
209 KB, 720x320
>>52532511
>>
>>52532493

Ubuntu?

Canonical has its own repositories where ubuntu finds software

You added an extra repo.
>>
>>52534837
yes lubuntu rather than ubuntu if that makes any difference.
I was a dumbass trying to be smart. Ignored the repository step so I didn`t have to update again (had another terminal open and updating), didn`t think it was necessary.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.