[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello. i just bought a new SSD harddrive for my laptop. i opened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: SeagateLaptopThinSSHD_(2).jpg (29 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
SeagateLaptopThinSSHD_(2).jpg
29 KB, 770x433
Hello. i just bought a new SSD harddrive for my laptop. i opened it and changed my ord harddrive for the new SSD, but the BIOS didn't find the new SSD disk... what do?
>>
i even tried it with a second computer with 2 Harddrive spots, one with Windows 10, but still didnt seem to find it.
>>
Make sure it's a sad and not a dragon dildo
>>
>>52530572
wat
>>
Are you booting from anything? How do you know the BIOS isn't finding it?
>>
>>52530609
i see this from the only menu i get when i start my laptop. standard BIOS menu.
>>
>>52530609
It says "hard drive not found" when I push the power thingy
>>
>>52530644
Do you mean "Please insert a hard drive" or whatever? That's because there isn't a fucking operating system inside of it, you're trying to boot from an empty drive.
>>
What's probably happening is that the laptop is seeing the SSD but it has OS on it, so there's nothing to boot. Look up loading [Your OS of choice] onto a flash drive and boot from that, then install to the SSD.
>>
>>52530671

>>>has OS on it
I mean has NO OS on it
>>
>>52530655
No it says "hard drive not found" :(
>>
>>52530688
>>52530655
Not OP
>>
>>52530688
Literally nothing says that. Make a picture of the sata controller in the BIOS.
>>
>>52530528
>SSD harddrive
>>
>>52530528
try: bios >sata config> enable AHCI > save and restart.
>>
>>52530528
It's called a solid state drive not a solid state drive harddrive. Get it right.
>>
>>52530702
do you mean this?
>>
>>52530702
Literally nothing
>>
>>52530741
tried. still nothing.
>>
>>52530817
Broken SSD.
>>
>>52530817
then reconnect the old hdd, get a sata/ide usb box and connect the ssd from usb to see if it works or not.
>>
>>52530857
its brand new. bought it TODAY
>>
>>52530876
thanks, il try that
>>
>>52530911
it means nothing, 90% of hardware either dies withing the first months or lasts a a lifetime. That's what the warranty is for.
>>
>>52530911
If all cables are connected and your bios is okay, I'm sure you checked, then if your bios tells you "HD not found", it's very likely broken. Take it back to the store.
>>
Get a refund
>>
>>52530911
Would that somehow preclude it being broken?
It's called DOA in the industry.
>>
>fell for the SSD meme
epic nice faggot xDxDxD
>>
>implying that laptop bioses are not desinged to use the hardware in the model specification
You dun goofd OP
The bios simply does not support it
>>
>>52531025
what are you talking about? ....
>>
Lol you have no idea what you're doing. Stop and take it to a pc repair shop. Tell them what you want and they'll fix it for you. Maybe.
>>
>>52531047
just threw the computer at my nerd brother who said i had to get a new hard drive. he might be able to do shit with it.
>>
>>52531025
What.

>>52531047
>>52531084
Fuck this faggot OP. Connect the SSD to a SATA-to-USB cable if you have one, or to an extra SATA port on another computer. Boot a GParted Live CD or any OS. See if it recognizes the SSD.
>>
>>52531125
i will. Thanks for the help.
>>
Alot of PC"'s say no hard drive when there is no bootable partition on the drive. Make a Hirens live CD and clone your old one into the new one, or just reinstall Windows from scratch.
>>
>>52531125
VoilĂ ! That darn tootin' varmint cost him a rib and an eye. Bet it broken.
>>
>>52530528
did you read the sticky? you gtfo of here.
>>
>>52530528

So what SSD are we talking about exactly? and what laptop?

If you can't/won't get a sata to usb adapter...

if you have an external usb hdd somewhere, remove it's disk and put the SSD instead. Plug it in on any working PC. If it doesn't recognize it, 99% posibility it's broken. Get it back to the store.
>>
Put the old drive back in. Boot up, go into BIOS. There should be boot order or something like that, with your drive name. You could plug in some USB drive in (before booting) and it should be there too. If you switch in the SSD and it doesn't show up in the boot thingy, it's either broken OR it's not supported (unlikely).
>>
>>52530989
> meme he says
Enjoy your slow ass start times and retrieveable data after you delete it you cuck
>>
Appearently i nailed the fuck out of it and shit went down and i have no fucking clue wtf just happend. i installed Windows 7 on my new SSD disk, cus im beta AF. so yeah, wish me luck.
>>
Damn it. Was rooting for OP to successfully ruin a perfectly fine ssd.
>>
Boot from usb to install the OS
>>
>>52530528
>wat do
build gentoo from source
>>
You forgot to initiate the drive, then create a partition and format it you fucking pleb.
>>
>>52532608
>initiate
initialize
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.