[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We post God-Tier android apps Not on the Play Store edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: 1452764073046.jpg (18 KB, 460x241) Image search: [Google]
1452764073046.jpg
18 KB, 460x241
ITT: We post God-Tier android apps
Not on the Play Store edition

Adaway:
> Blocks ads on both browsers and apps using hosts file
> Open sauce with GPL
> Requires root and a reboot
>>
Pixel Dungeon.
>>
>>52527858
Damn. I forgot about that game. Isn't it also on desktop?
>>
Pocket mortys
>>
Miki Kiss VR
Sleep with Gumi
>>
Adguard, no root required
>>
>>52527851
Doesn't really an app in the traditional sense, but Xposed is pretty neat.

>F-Droid
FOSS app market with a good GUI. Has all kinds of shit. Doesn't require root or anything, just be able to install apks from "unknown sources" Everything below is on F-Droid

>Clover
Look at 4chan while not at your computer. A little buggy, but it's probably one of the best 4chan apps

>Overchan
See above. It's a good alternative to Clover if you'd like something a little more stable.

>AntennaPod
Can download and listen to podcasts from pretty much anywhere right out of the box. It lets you get shit on itunes, podbean etc with NO config. Just werks. Also, it's FOSS and has a nice GUI.

>Amaze
If your default file browser is shit, try this.

>Lightning Browser
Really good mobile browser. Tons of settings to fuck around with. Has replaced chrome for me.

>AdAway
Global adblock for your phone that works by blocking ads via your hostfile. Requires root.

Probably some more that I'm missing.
>>
>>52527884
Yep.

It's also open source.
>>
>>52527851
>Not on the Play Store edition

Clover :^)
>>
File: 1435979540341.png (319 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1435979540341.png
319 KB, 1080x1920
(from the previous thread, now archived)

F-Droid for freetard apps

Amaze or Solid Explorer

Hacker's Keyboard

Total Commander

K-9 Mail (free email client that doesn't send your nudes to Uncle Google)

Ad away: The most efficient ad blocker, works with browsers and apps, needs root

Firefox: Decent interface, performance and addon support. I'll not switch until there's a decent fork on Android, Pale Moon is pretty much abandoned.

Neutered Quickpic 3.4.9.1 or Piktures: Image viewer

Perfect Viewer: Not so great interface, rich format support (even more with the pdf plugin)

Black Player, Timber, or Poweramp: Music players (I use Poweramp)

MX Player, VLC: Video players (I use VLC)

Libre Office Viewer: Viewer for office documents, alas its experimental editing feature doesn't work properly with my bluetooth keyboard, every key registers twice lliikkee tthhiiss.

Army Knife for Android: Better and more practical than all those cancerous "flashlight" apps, has some extra tools, free, needs camera permission only.

Games: 2048, Chess, Pixel Dungeon, emulators, cheap games on Google Play Store without cancerous permissions or microtransactions based on your taste.

Propriety apps I find too convenient to replace with freetard shit (feel free to post suggestions): IMDB, Flickr, Flipboard

If you're new to Android, use freetard alternatives on F-Droid whenever possible. If absolutely necessary to use Play Store, pay attention to permissions and the developer's reputation (e.g. don't use placebo "I'll magically increase your battery life with my botnet shit" apps. Avoid Clean Master and the most recent version of Quickpic. There are some malicious "prank" apps designed specifically to deceive tech illiterates whose devs reside out of Western jurisdiction, and due to Google's bullshit policies they may come on top on searches. Do research. Don't take their shit.
>>
Love Live School Idol Festival
+Maki
+MAKI
+M A K I
-Won't work on rooted phones to prevent music rips
>>
>>52528492
I love amaze but i miss the sftp i had in ES.
>>
>>52528759
Thats actually smart.
>>
>>52528531
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
Wanam Xposed
Xprivacy
App settings
Gamekiller
Lucky Patcher
Background Video Recorder
Task Manager
Tasker
OS Monitor
Aptoid

I pre-cook all these apps into my roms
>>
>>52530484
>carat
>carAt
>>
>>52530484
>Not using the smiley with a caret nose. :^)
>>
>>52528759
Just don't allow root access
>>
>>52528492
Is lightning browser really that good?
>>
Trials in tainted space and corruption of champions :^)
>>
>SpaRSS
Nice RSS reader.
>Mbooru
Gelbooru/Danbooru client.
>KISS Launcher
Simple launcher.
>NewPipe
Youtube viewer, doesn't require you to log in and doesn't have ads.
>TD
Twitch viewer, requires an external player.

All of the above except for Mbooru are available on F-Droid.
>>
>>52530826
L-lewd desu
>>
>>52528608
>Army Knife for Android
Wish I knew about this before I sifted through like 30 bloated botnet flashlights, calculators and rulers before finding a decent one... wish there was a small QR reader though, all of them seem kinda fishy
>>
>>52530687
>not using the smiley with a carrot nose ͡ ͜ > ͡
>>
>>52528759
There's something you can do to use it on rooted phones but I forgot.
>>
>>52531607
Barcode Scanner

https://f-droid.org/app/com.google.zxing.client.android
>>
>>52531703
muhfugen 4chingchong and his whitespace policies
>>
>>52531720
Already found it but thanx
>>
>>52528101
>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>52528759
Easily best rhythm game on the play store
>>
>>52528183
Do you have a link for the miki kiss vr and the other one with out that alt play store shit?
>>
>>52528417
I installed this but it doesn't seem to be blocking ads very well, if at all.
>>
>>52528608
>K-9 Mail (free email client that doesn't send your nudes to Uncle Google)

useless if you use gmail as a provider.
>>
>>52527851
Minminguard:
>Exposed module that blocks ads

Firefox:
>install uBlock extension
>>
>>52530742
i use lightning as my browser. it's pretty sweet. i only have 2 complaints:
1) no swipe down to refresh like in chrome, have to hit the refresh button in url bar. not a huge deal but less convenient
2) if you use one of the dark skins, the scrollbar on the right is lightly-colored and partially transparent, so on light pages it's almost impossible to see it. this is annoying because you can't know how far down a page you are. similarly, if you use the light skin then the scrollbar is dark and you can't see it on dark webpages
>>
>>52530687
>>52530826
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>52528492
>good GUI
>>
>>52527851
Youtube downloader

I dont know if it still exists/is updated/maintained
>>
>>52533588
OG youtube
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.