[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Sick of Firefox 40whatever taking up so much RAM and being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: PaleMoon.jpg (8 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
PaleMoon.jpg
8 KB, 256x256
> Sick of Firefox 40whatever taking up so much RAM and being shit
> Try Pale Moon
> So fucking old that no extensions work with it
> Try WaterFox
> Still eats up a shitload of RAM
>>
>forks of a massive shitty project are still shitty
surprise surprise
>>
Guess what, works fine for me faggot.
>>
>>52526106
Midori is rubbish and crashes like mad and nobody has the skill or commitment to make a new browser.
If /g/ wasn't just arguing about Java vs Python and never actually writing anything, we could fix this.
>>
>>52526106
>So fucking old that no extensions work with it
Lots of extensions work, sometimes you have to find an older version to get it working, it doesnt mean its outdated, its just because the developer made a few changes to the xpi to make it Australis compatible.
>>
Running Dank Moon on Ubuntu 15.04 and loving it
>>
OP IS A FAGGOT
>>
Which extensions exactly don't work on Pale Meme?

Because all of mine worked on my machine.
>>
Seamonkey is my go-to. It's actually lighter on RAM than Firefox even though it's a suite.
>>
>>52526106
>Complains about Firefox taking up RAM and being shit
>Can't add all 10 billion addons that are crippling the fuck out of Firefox to Pale Moon, therefore it sucks

Kill yourself.
>>
>>52526106
>not using the extension converter
>>
>>52526159
>being naive enough to believe that /g/ is capable of anything more than linux ricing and following the newest tech trends
>>
>>52526106
>no extensions work with it
which?
>>
>>52526106
>So fucking old that no extensions work with it

Pale Moon isn't old. It just strips out the Australis interface that FF uses, which some newer extensions depend on. Many extensions are still compatible without Australis, and PM's official site has a repository for extension builds that are made to be compatible specifically with PM.
>>
>>52526734
Html5 everywhere
>>
>>52526106
Use Chrome then, stop the whining!
>>
use IE op
its built for you
>>
>2016
>RAM availability problems

lmao
>>
>>52526106
> 32GB RAM
> Waterfox
> Tree-style Tabs
> hundred of open tabs
> no fucks given

feels good, m8.
>>
Just use Iceweasel you shithead.
>>
>>52526106
500 megs isn't a lot. You ought to buy a computer that doesn't have 512, ffs. It cost me like 80 bucks for a stick of 8 gigs of ram, like two years ago.
>>
>>52527164
And don't listen to this faggot. Chrome probably uses more. Hence all the chromefaggots bragging about speed.
>>
>>52527085
this

There are dudes on /g/ who can write stuff and do mind you. But mostly it's college kids Dual-booting Win10 and Lubuntu who use Java and Python for assignments.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.