[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember how /g/ used to think that linux+GNU would be getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 1452573271356.gif (683 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1452573271356.gif
683 KB, 400x224
Remember how /g/ used to think that linux+GNU would be getting lots of games since PS4 runs on a modified version of FreeBSD?
Shit makes me kek hard
>>
File: Baka_ubuntu.jpg (87 KB, 690x546) Image search: [Google]
Baka_ubuntu.jpg
87 KB, 690x546
>>52525236
>pic
>kekd

Seems like Steam has added a shitton of Linux games last year anon.
>>
>>52525236
>linux+GNU
>Mentioning GNU when it's completely irrelevant and has nothing to do with the conversation
>>
>>52525363
it has more to do with the conversation than a kernel which is just a small piece of an operating system.
>>
>>52525382
Game playing has absolutely no GNU requirements but it does require a kernel.
Also userspace applications aren't part of operating systems.
>>
>>52525405
it has a dependancy on glibc you tard
>>
>>52525427
>Using GNU libs
>Not using something free instead so you don't have headaches dealing with GPL faggotry
>>
Street Fighter V in a few months

Just think about that for a minute
>>
>>52525444
>edgelord wasting trips
>>52525236
it has been getting lots of games
if you've lived and experienced change you'll know change happens over a long period of time, not usually overnight
>>
>>52525236
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as linux+GNU, is in fact, linux+GNU+SystemD, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Poetterinux.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (48 KB, 954x864) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
48 KB, 954x864
>>
>>52525236
No? I don't remember that being said at all.
>>
>>52525565
>>52525670
>>
>>52525670
Is this a new meme
>>
File: lennart.png (385 KB, 579x720) Image search: [Google]
lennart.png
385 KB, 579x720
>>52525565
>>52525670
>>
File: poettering-linux.png (317 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
poettering-linux.png
317 KB, 640x600
>>52526812
It will be.
>>
File: sUvMHL2R2TI.jpg (87 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
sUvMHL2R2TI.jpg
87 KB, 604x604
I dony remember anyone saying that. Who wants shitty console ports anyways?

Gaymen on Linux (with Steam) is pretty good right now and it's only getting better by the day.
>>
>>52525236
Real /g/ does not give a flying fuck about gaymes though, it's /v/ cancer that comes here
>>
>>52525236

>remember how /g/ used to think

Who? You do Understand FreeBSD and Linux are completely different Operating Systems.
>>
What is SteamOS?
>>
>>52525236
I will always buy Ubuntu Linux™ because Linux for human beings™. Ubuntu™ also pioneers innovative new technologies like Mir™, Unity™, and the highest quality Linux distribution to ever grace computers.
Ubuntu™ also pioneers in the phone market with its latest Ubuntu Phone™ powered by a synergy of Mir™ + Unity™. With these two innovative technologies combined together creates a breathtaking phone experience. You can ensure no dropped calls. Ubuntu™ is also at the forefront in gaming with its partnership with Valve™ to bring the Steam™ platform to Linux™. When I load up my Nouveau™ open source Nvidia™ driver to power my latest Nvidia™ graphics I'm a destroyer of worlds in my games powerd by Steam™. Power to the gamers™.
Ubuntu Linux™ is also very secure. It's the most secure operating system, and Linux™ distribution on the planet. It's harden against NSA probes, tested by highly trained and experienced open source programming engineers to have ever graced this planet. With such innovative security technologies like root, selinux, iptables, snort, and grsecurity you can ensure all your sensitive data is secured and you're safe on the internet.
At this point in time there's really no reasons to consider Windows™. I tried once. It infected my pc with a plethora of viruses that it caused my pc to overheat and explode. It not only nearly burnt down my house, but the neighborhood.
It's quite clear that OPs a Windows™ shill trying to convince you to settle on something less than the optimal experience with Ubuntu Linux™. Ubuntu™ is the only real way to play games or do anything productive. We've seen that they offer incredible libraries for software developers like Storm and Juju. He is probably too poor to afford the Ubuntu Linux™ experience.
Don't be a poor gamer with bad security. Linux for human beings™ with Ubuntu Linux™
>>
>>52527644
>Real /g/
Are you referring to the pretend programmer NEETs?

Hilarious
>>
>>52525236

bsd kernel. talks to hardware... free kernels are like the new BIOS. all the gaming specific apis and shit are much bigger deal on PS4 than kernel. if you thought sony using a kernel meant a standard distro could just use all their apis/libraries than you were/are an idiot and should rot in hell.
>>
welcome to new year of linux gaymin'
>>
What do I need to do to protect that smile?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.