[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First day at work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: manager.jpg (55 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
manager.jpg
55 KB, 640x425
>first day at work
>orientation
>managers come and take their new team members
>except mine doesn't come
>another manager takes me to him
>he doesnt even make eye contact with me
>he takes me out for lunch
>talks with other sanjeets more than with me
>i try to sound energetic and engage him in a convo
>"hmm sure" x 99
>other new hires are meeting their team members and getting settled with fancy hardware their managers purchased with company money
>i get a broken monitor and don't get to meet with team
>send him email about how excited i am to work with him and that i look forward to meeting with the team
>no response
>still dont know when to show up, when the meeting is, if there is a meeting at all

So /g/, I think I got stuck with one of the worst managers in NA. How were your first days at work?
>>
He's planning on replacing you with sanjeet and pocketing the difference in pay.

Better start looking for another job.
>>
warning signs:
>if the manager is not stereotypically overenthusiastic
>if you get a pile of broken garbage instead of the tools needed to do your job
>>
you're autistic, what kind of treatment did you expect?

it really shows, you know.
>>
Can we have some interesting fact about manager some "warning signs" or how to manage your manager ?
>>
Oh man I need to share my story

> FIrst day of work
> Meet my boss
> no nonsense, no small talk.
> Dresses down another employee in front of me for his shirt being untucked
> Gives me a ton of busy work, when I turn it in, shits all over it and makes me redo it (a bunch of powershell scripts)
> Weeks go on, I start getting real work, things start getting weird
> guy basically lives in his office, face lights up when he talks about his kid, otherwise really tough on me
> treats this other dude like shit all the time.
> starts to give me all the good work, starts praising the accuracy of my time sheets. My powershell stuff gets put into production. Lets me build a server and configure the network interfaces as a tier 1 helpdesk dude. Nail it.
> we get lunch sometimes
> guy has been effectively mentoring me this whole time. get somewhat bro tier.
> Guy is fired for threatening to take down the network while he was having trouble with his wife and family
> New boss is one of the old staff, also thinks he was mistreated by this guy
> mad jealous of how bro tier I got with the guy who was fired.
> My new boss spends time rolling back everything I got by performing well for his predecessor.
> now I just do password resets, all technical work has been removed from me.

Give the cranky guy a chance, he is probably just doing his best to maintain a professional distance, but is a bit on the spectrum.
>>
Here comes my 2nd day. Hopefully he'll warm up to me more.
>>
Good luck OP.
>>
>>52526077
Offer to perform fellatio
>>
>>52527123
This
>>
>>52522047
>that first week anxiety when you wanted to kill yourself
>>
>>52522047
>i try to sound energetic and engage him in a convo
>send him email about how excited i am to work with him and that i look forward to meeting with the team
fucking hate brown nose guys like you and he probably does too
>rule #1: Just stfu
>rule #2: Fly low
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.