[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't get a definitive answer on this. If I'm goin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: CreativeSoundBlasterOmni.jpg (63 KB, 1181x545) Image search: [Google]
CreativeSoundBlasterOmni.jpg
63 KB, 1181x545
Can't get a definitive answer on this. If I'm going for an external soundcard is this a decent model?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZT7RE4/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687542&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0017QQQAE&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0467AA3ZHW8XXWFZ8EQT

Going external because my mobo onboard is
noisy and has interference problems. Setup will be Hyper X Cloud II headset > Y splitter for mic and headphone pink and green jacks > sound card > usb to PC

The little DAC the headset comes with is shit if you're wondering.
>>
>>52520518
Just get a Schiit stack and be done with it.
>>
>>52520566
Haven't done a lot of research but I saw Linus shilling Schiit stacks. Assumed they're probably expensive.
>>
>>52520518
you could get a micca origen, it's compact and cheap
>>
>>52520791
Currently unavailable. I just need a soundcard/DAC that I can plug my headset and mic into so anything in that vein would work. Not looking to spend over $100.
>>
>SNR: 100dB
As an all rounder, it's good value, but there will be audible noise.
If you just want the for gaming, sure.
If you want something good quality, with no audible noise, -112dB is your minimum.
>>
>>52520967
>audible noise

I'm pretty autismo about noise. What product would you suggest then? Is it even doable on my $100 budget?
>>
>>52520967

>100db
>audible noise
>you need 112db

is this bait? are people actually this stupid?

>2016
>not using japanese cable lifters
>not taping pebbles to your interconnects
>>
>>52520967
So would something like this be better then? I'm pretty sure there is an updated model somewhere.

http://www.amazon.com/Audiotrak-MAYA-External-Sound-Card/dp/B00S7M0IR8
>>
>>52521077
Oh was that some audiophile meme? Didn't know, I just don't want noise.
>>
>>52521029
My advice?
Just use the onboard mic, and get this guy
http://hifimediy.com/DACs/ready-made-dacs/UX1-dac

The Cloud 2 mic isn't any better than the onboard, and you'll need something a little bigger than just the sabre dac to drive good bass to 60ohm drivers.
>>
>>52520518

I have it set up going to some m50x headphones and when those are unplugged a small smsl 50 watt amplifier.

I don't notice any noise on my end but I don't listen to my headphones very loud.

The built in mic is pretty good though; I ditched my steelseries headset for the m50x as a result.
>>
>>52521116
Sorry, by onboard, I mean plug the cloud mic into your motherboard.
>>
>>52521116
The mic quality is good enough, I just want something to replace the shitty cloud II soundcard it comes with. The sound card it comes with solves my interference and mobo noise issues but the card in itself introduces audible noise any time audio gets played.
>>
So the sound blaster would be shit quality as the consensus? Just get a USB dac and plug the mic into my onboard?
>>
>>52520566
Pretty much this, the shiit stack is great and will probably last you a lifetime b/c you basically don't need anything better.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.