[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ help I just got a notice from my boss that I am to "cease
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3
File: FKBN87MLEB_01.jpg (125 KB, 680x250) Image search: [Google]
FKBN87MLEB_01.jpg
125 KB, 680x250
/g/ help I just got a notice from my boss that I am to "cease use of your keyboard immediately as it is offending other employees" otherwise I will have a strike against my employment (3 strikes and you are fired). Is this legal or? FYI I am using a filco mechanical keyboard at work as I find it ergonomic and generally prefer mechanical keyboards for writing on.
>>
Did you sign a contract?
If no, they can fire you for whatever reason they want so long as that reason isn't something out of your control, like genetics or disabilities.

Also, you knew exactly what you were getting into when you bought a loud keyboard with loud switches to be "that guy".
>>
Why the fuck would you use a keyboard with blues at work?
>>
>>52519084
Can't you just take the strike and keep using your loud autismboard?
>>
>>52519084
>offending
That is not a synonym for "disturbing".

Also: Do not be dense! No cherry blues at work!
>>
Autism. It should be evident that nobody at work likes you OP
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAmiYr0GjaY

I would have complained too, that is loud, holy shit.
>>
>>52519266
any other switches too loud for the office? I have clears and I dont think they're that loud but it might get on someone's nerves
>>
>>52519084
You can live without using the freaking keyboard. Anyways just listen to what your boss says and stop being a giant faggot. I requested to bring my keyboard to work and they declined the request which is fine cause I never expected them to be ok with it.
>>
>>52519084
Lol, what kind of company is this?
What about "hey can you use a different one, this one's pretty loud and distracting for others".
But really, he should have known that they're too loud.

Does someone have a decibel comparison between blues, browns (not bottoming out) and rubberdomes?
>>
>>52519224
A better question to ask would be what the hell is OP doing supplying his own hardware for work?
>>
>>52519084
Just get some silencer rings or get a quieter mechanical keyboard.
>>
>>52519296
Most likely, they've already asked OP that multiple times.
>>
>>52519304
if your job is typing all day and the supplied keyboard is shit, why wouldn't you bring a keyboard with you?
>>
Nobody believes this is real right? This fucking board...
>>
>>52519336
in many places, you're flat out not allowed to plug in unauthorized hardware into their machines because it's a security risk
>>
>>52519284
I have blues, reds, browns, and topre here. The only loud ones are blues.

>>52519328
You ASK for a new keyboard from the job.
>>
>>52519084
Get O-rings dipshit.
>>
>>52519354
And they pay for it?
Is it their property?

I'd rather have something that actually belongs to me.
>>
>>52519363
>I'd rather have something that actually belongs to me.
You can. At home.

Office work means office hardware.

And yes: They pay for it, and it is their property.
>>
>>52519084
What switches? Please tell me you didn't bring a Cherry MX blue keyboard to work.
>>
>>52519376
i'd rather not get attached to company property
>>
>>52519411
>I wish to not develop feelings for inanimate objects
Maybe you need professional help, if you are actually serious about wanting to bring your own hardware to work so as not to develop feelings for office hardware.
>>
>>52519426
great post
you're a real credit to the board
i'm filtering you now
>>
>>52519084
Maybe get a quieter keyboard and stop being an obnoxious fuck and subjecting your co-workers to CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACKETY-CLACK all fucking day long?
>>
>>52519442
*shrug*

Funny how some people live like this. Your ideas are so fragile that any minor challenge needs to be filtered because you cannot respond to it. What does that say about your ideas?
>>
>>52519354
Ask for a $150 keyboard? How is there anything wrong with paying money for your own equipment if the premium is worth it? How are you going to explain shit like that to your boss. Most people would think you were crazy if you spent $100 of your own money on a keyboard. Heaven forbid asking them to spend $100 of their money.
>>
>>52519500
not him, but you're not cool or clever for taking someone's post literally and building up a strawman argument instead of actual discussion.
Also your logical increments website is shit and all your recommendations are trash.
>>
>>52519528
>Ask for a $150 keyboard?
Yes, ask.

>How is there anything wrong with paying money for your own equipment if the premium is worth it?
Go ahead. By your own equipment for your own PERSONAL use.

>Most people would think you were crazy if you spent $100 of your own money on a keyboard. Heaven forbid asking them to spend $100 of their money.
If you cannot justify a purchase, that is on you, not your boss.
>>
>>52519543
>strawman
Here is a direct quote:
>i'd rather not get attached to company property
His words, not mine.
>>
>>52519336

Yes

I am one of two people at my work and I was banned from using my borrowed Model M kek
>>
>>52519600
And do you really believe that means someone is in dire need of psychiatric counseling?

Fuck off.
>>
What's wrong with the company issued keyboard, you fucking autists?

>oh no, a rubber dome keyboard!
>i work as an overpaid typist and my dainty little fingers can't touch pig disgusting rubber domes down!
>only the best in antiquated 1980s era keyboard technology for me!!!
>everyone has to listen to my clacking all fucking day because i'm special

Mechanical keyboard faggots don't even realize how vain and effeminate they're being by being special snowflake hypochondriacs about something as mundane as typing.
>>
CLICKA CLACLKC LKCLK LKCKL CLK CALKCLKSCLAKCLK CLKASC KLSLKA

CLLKSALKCXOICLKC LKCLK LKCLKSAC LKC LKSCLKSLK SLKC
>>
>>52519266
NOICE DUBS M8
>>
>>52519224
What's the big deal, blues aren't even that loud in the grand scheme of things.
>>
get a Type Heaven
that way you can be a 1337 autist and have a quiet keyboard too
>>
>>52519283
I would have bashed his head in with it if that shit was within earshot of me.
>>
Seeing as everyone here seems to have blues, how are they for general gayming/heavy typing? Planning on buying my first srs keyboard and don't want to waste my money.
>>
>>52519748
>dem effeminate hands and hand gestures
what if he's gay?
he's probably gay

that's a hate crime
>>
>>52519752
Ok for gaming, but not ideal. Reds are better.

Of course, blues are indeed very good for typing, for the feel!
>>
>>52519696
? What the fuck are you talking about idiot. They have a built in audio click that serves no purpose but make noise
>>
>>52519752
Blues are great for typing and good enough for gaming. If you do use heavy keystrokes consider getting greens, clears or Alps instead, as the popular cherry keyboards are really designed for light typing.
>>
>>52519752
I was in the same position and got blues because I don't play vidya that much any more. No Regrets.

>>52519850
Yes however I don't find them to be too obnoxious.
>>
Should I get a noppoo lolita spyder?
I just want a board with reds and all the other boards are at least $40 more for red switches.
>>
You are being so annoying with your memeanical keyboard people had to complain to management.

I think you should be contemplating your effect you have on your fellow wage slaves and not how injust this is to you.
>>
>>52519893
>Yes however I don't find them to be too obnoxious.
Most people aren't you.
>>
blues at work? come on anon

topre or just deal with rubberdomes, anything mechanical might piss others else so just keep your fucking job and use a rubber dome
>>
>>52519600
You are an unfunny tripfag who gives out games to force people to like him. Nobody likes you, and you are dumb and irritating.
>>
File: too fucking useful.png (606 KB, 1582x4382) Image search: [Google]
too fucking useful.png
606 KB, 1582x4382
>>52520248

fuck you, he's the only tripfag on this board that actually went out, created a useful thing and managed to follow through with it
>>
Your co-workers are cunts. Mine saw my blues and unanimously loved the sound and feeling, infact, when we got computer replacements the b0ss was nice enough to drop an extra $500 on deck mx blues keyboards for everyone.

Maybe if you work in one of those cubicle offices with thousands of pajeets it would get annoying, but we love our clickiness.
>>
>>52520262
he's a fucking hack
i'm not even joking, the only reason anyone tolerates this south-asian jew is because he gives out free games.
>>
>>52520262
yeah yeah falcon you can put your tripcode back on now don't worry i'm not filtering you
>>
>>52520285

>a fucking hack

care to explain
>>
>>52519284
depends on the keyboard. heavy keyboards are louder no matter what switch type. my coworker has blues and you can hear them across the room, but i have reds on a cherry-branded board and no one even noticed that mine's mechanical.
>>
>>52520301
>people like me because i make free PC building guides
>people like me so much they'll blindly take my PC building recommendations even if I'm being paid to promote specific stores and products using referral links, regardless of their actual quality.
>>
File: eh.png (63 KB, 895x787) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
63 KB, 895x787
>>52520326

Thanks for the information, I'll admit I may not have known all the facts.

If that's true, then yes, he is a hack; thanks anon.
>>
>>52520248
>people like him because he gives them games
>nobody likes him
what?
>>
what is the best full rgb keyboard that I can get at 150?
>>
>>52519752
It's entirely up to preference, and there's no "proper" switch for a specific purpose. If you like tactile Cherry MX switches, nothing beats blues and greens. Even browns and clears aren't as tactile as them.

The only thing to be aware of about blues is that the reset point is slightly higher than the actuation point, which isn't suitable for games that require double tapping a lot.

Also, pay no attention to the tripfag. He's good at parroting whatever /g/ says, but his own opinions are shit Tbh.
>>
>>52519084

You're annoying your co-workers with your loud ass keyboard, bring something else that isn't loud as shit.
>>
>>52520753
>Clears aren't as tactile
Stopped reading there
The only switch more tactile than clears is Topre
>>
>>52519616
>ITT
>butthurt faggots that would actually cry if their computer broke
>>
Just tell the faggot you have finger joint problems and if he'd like to replace your filch with a silent real force that's fine with you Then proceed to walk away and ignore him but leave a piece of paper with a link to one on it
>>
>>52520838
I'd be pretty upset if my computer broke.
It'd take at least a week before I could get back up and running with a replacement.
>>
>>52520810
Clears' bump isn't as crisp as blues or greens, hence it's quite easy to miss if you're typing very hard. It's very evident in the force diagrams: clears have a large round bump while blues and greens have more of a sharp peak.

But yes, topre is more tactile than clears, which is why I'm about to get a Realforce.
>>
>>52520326
>>52520326

>Referral links

Couldn't give a shit considering I'm in Australia and there's only two serious choices for hardware vendors. Falcon is a bretty kewl guy imo
>>
>>52519616
yes.

>hey bro want to come to dinner with us ?
>nah man can't get attached to fine dining
>hey bro want to comes over and play some games?
>sorry man i would just get too attached to your 4k monitor
>>
>>52519110
that's the keyboard he was wearing when he got fired

tell him he was 'asking for it'
>>
>>52519084
Get mx Browns if you want the feel. No need to be a Complete loud autist with no regard for anyone.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.