[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello, I asked on another board before but they told me to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: IMG-20140419-WA0000.jpg (91 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20140419-WA0000.jpg
91 KB, 612x816
hello,

I asked on another board before but they told me to ask here

Is there any way I can encrypt a video file until a certain date, for example 03/06/2017?

Long story short, my daughter is 1 year old and doctors give me 3 months to live. I would like to leave her some videos of me which will unlock on her birthdays, christmas etc

thanks in advance
>>
>>52518076
what operating system? If mac osx/ linux I would encrypt the files with python and then write a cron script to decrypt the files at a certain date
>>
>>52518076
The only solution I see is to release the key to the video on that date. The key release would have to be manual or using a trusted automated process with trusted time source.

checkout maybe ----> http://www.tellyoulater.com/
>>
>>52518119
another idea

you could also buy hosting, and do this all remotely on a server. Have cron send an email to her with a link that opens the video in a web browser. No need to encrypt then.
>>
If this was at all true, you wouldn't be wasting what little time you have left fucking about with something so dumb and trivial. It's not like she's going to be trying to play then herself or even understand what the fuck any of it is, by the time she can the computer will be looking gone and probably the files too. If you really want to do this, just make a DVD or something normal.
>>
>>52518076
>expecting digital files to survive 17 years untouched, let alone have their formats supported

Just print some photos, maybe even burn some DVDs, and give them to a lawyer, sort of a will.
>>
>>52518267
maybe the best idea, yes. thx for all other ideas so far
>>
>3 months to live
Story?
>>
>>52518341

Not a disease, going to court for her mom's constant domestic abuse allocations. Its my third offensive so I'm pretty much guaranteed jail time. I'm just going to fucking off myself before them. I'm just a fuck up she'll be better off without me.
>>
Python? Keys?

Lots of easy to use & free generic encryption programs offer a timer feature.
AxCrypt for example.
>>
>>52518401
>either lying on the internet or being this much of a pussy

Just an hero now
>>
>>52518401

You really want that demon to raise your daughter? You should put your ass into overdrive and figure out a way to get her away from her mother or she'll likely become a dragon lady too.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.