[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the worst computer you have ever used?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
What is the worst computer you have ever used?
>>
I had to use a Mac once.
Never again.
>>
fagbook

> no pageup/pgdn
> 4 control keys, alt functionality not on keys, dafuq
> cant use ext hdd for backups/snapshot without proprietary reformatting
> fixed app bar
>>
Any apple computer with that tiny as fuck little ass keyboard they thought was a good idea.
>>
File: CommodoreVIC20.jpg (27 KB, 469x405) Image search: [Google]
CommodoreVIC20.jpg
27 KB, 469x405
Commodore VIC-20. It was my family's first computer.

I can't fault it. It was an amazing bargain for its day. But there's no avoiding it: it's the worst computer I've ever used.

Here is a game that my sister and I used to play, Radar Rat Race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mphWQKEYB0#t=0m28s

One of the better VIC-20 ever-so-original games, GORF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jThxF920jwU
>>
Commodore PET because I was a kid and it didn't have color like the coco
>>
File: emachine T1090.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
emachine T1090.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
>>52517778
My first gaymen PC
>>
>>52517800
^
>>
Any non-Apple laptop has been painful to use. Why can't any fucking manufacturer get the trackpads fucking right? They all suck shit. And Jesus Christ, reading fucking fonts on Windows hurts my eyes.
>>
>>52517778
hp dv2000 laptop
>>
>>52518151
Trackpads are deprecated. Why would you ever use them?
>>
>>52517778
>mfw Indians today live less hygienic than Celts 2000 years ago
>>
>>52518211
We have a space program you ignorant fuck
>>
>>52518225
>designated shitting moons
>>
>>52518211
It always fascinates me how at least Islam is clean, while Hiduism can clearly be seen as a faith that didn't take scientific observations into account.

http://www.planetcustodian.com/2015/10/03/7873/indian-villagers-worshiping-newly-built-toilets-instead-of-using-them.html
>>
Probably my IBM Itanic server out of pure impracticality; incapable of running anything but outdated RHEL-derived ia64 distributions due to its ultra-proprietary architecture making shit built on HP systems have an autism attack during boot.

But my old HP Pavilion dv6000 was probably generally the worst when all metrics are accounted for.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>52517778
>tfw I saw his c90 through Iran video

It was like knowing your entire knowledge on something was a complete lie. Fucking Zionist propaganda.
>>
some sony vaio laptop. Absolutely terrible. Last time I bought a Windows OEM laptop
>>
File: india.jpg (115 KB, 725x445) Image search: [Google]
india.jpg
115 KB, 725x445
>>52518225
made this for you :^)
>>
>>52517778

Some old 286s my high school had. It was a religious school.

The teacher was also the P.E. coach, but he actually retired from the aerospace industry, and was fucking around with computers long before PCs and the WWW came along. I fucking hated his guts, but I think I got more out of his class than anything else from that lame-ass school. Hell, I think I got more out of his class, than any class I've ever taken.

It was the first time I ever used a computer for more than playing games. DOS wasn't quiet dead yet at that point but it was pretty much a given that it was on the way out. Still he taught the class how to use it, plus it's history, and a bunch of other shit no one but me found the least bit interesting, or useful. His goal was to teach us everything about those machines from the inside out, and he largely succeeded. He was a complete dick, but if I ever run into him again, I intend to thank him.
>>
>>52518182
What would you replace them with?

>>52518151
Are Windows fonts a new meme?
>>
>>52518038
I've worked on a bunch of these, emachines was actually somewhat acceptable at that point. (for a cheap ass desktop).

Then they started putting in the power supplies that would kamikaze and take the motherboard with them (the black case with the slide off side panel).
>>
Any computer running Windows ME and some jackass installed AOL 5.0 and all they had was a dial-up connection.
>>
>>52517800
/thread
>>
File: ibmpunch.jpg (13 KB, 300x310) Image search: [Google]
ibmpunch.jpg
13 KB, 300x310
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.