[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Satellite Dish hacking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.png (594 KB, 890x497) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
594 KB, 890x497
How does raw satellite feed look? how would I store it as data? how would I make it into something "readable"?
>>
>>52517771
Just capture it to video using a cheap non hdcp chink capture card.
>>
get a giant satellite dish and get the feeds straight from the network satellites
>>
>>52517781
I mean, shit besides just tv, how could I get stuff from other satellites?
>>
>>52517781
>>52517814
what I want to do specifically is use it alternatively, say as a radio telescope or tracking satellites, etc.
>>
>>52517827
Well you better go on Coursera and hook yourself up with some free science mah nigga.
>>
>>52517771
https://media.ccc.de/v/32c3-7154-iridium_update

this maybe is a start for you questions
>>
>>52517801
Oh man I miss that shit. Those camera guys at sporting events. While other people went to commercial breaks, you'd still get the feed. They'd zoom in on shit that networks wouldnt allow.
>>
File: kchptngvcsakutsqu056.jpg (55 KB, 501x355) Image search: [Google]
kchptngvcsakutsqu056.jpg
55 KB, 501x355
>>52517801
Are you from the 1980s?
>>
>>52517771
Would it be feasible to do this with an arduino + other equipment?
>>
>>52518071
in this >>52517962 talk the guy showing how you can get a iridium signal with a simple dvb-t stick and a modified gps antenna
>>
>>52518002
Seems like an interesting job to pull off though, stealing sonar dishes
>>
>>52518081
I will watch it this weekend or sometime, but look at my name, whats an iridium signal? like the satellite phones?
>>
>>52518096
its a commercial signal. The guys reverse engineered it without a handbook or anything. pretty impressive. Saw the talk live and was amazed
>>
>>52518118
And less than legal things, I mean *Very* illegal stuff, like spy satellites, no shit I couldn't decode it, but how feasible would it be to get the encrypted data?
>>
I remember cracking subscription cards that had cryptoworks viaccess etc encryptions in the 00's, fun stuff, what do you want to learn anon, and if you wanna do anything make sure your box lets you enter encryption keys manually
>>
>>52518153
They also send encrypted stuff over iridium and they give some start info how to decrypt it. Just watch the talk. Its just 1 hour.

Over Iridium they send not encrypted voice. Data, encrypted data and some other stuff. Its pretty interesting
>>
>>52518192
Just heard that part, happy to have 2 monitors to have it playing on the side
>>
>>52518156
Would a arduino uno be sufficient to handle this? or would I need a rasberry pi?
>>
>>52518310
anything that can take raw data from a dish cable and play with it should be enough, not arduino though (the decryption will require something like an ARM 32 bit)
>>
>>52518372
yeah, couldnt I save it on an sd card with the arduino then upload the dump to my thinkpad?
>>
>>52518526
to take the raw encrypted data and decrypt on thinkpad yeah, but to have it decrypted using the arduino chip don't think so, a processor of at least 16 bit is required
>>
File: 1451772985019.gif (491 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1451772985019.gif
491 KB, 500x282
>>52518604
Well I guess I know my basic plan for now, thanks anon free disgusted baby gif
>>
>>52518646
you're welcome :^)
>>
>>52517771
Its not hacking, the air waves are publicly owned in the US, meaning if you can intercept something or listen in, its legal. (Tapping cell towers and other physical things/places owned by companies doesn't count)
>>
be careful what you wish for OP. Once upon a time i knew a guy who dabbled in this sort of venture and ended up blowing up a satellite, somehow. They said he basicaly put it into a loop because of a programming error and the orbital computer went hayware cause it to blow up into the atmosphere. Maybe he was framed by some government, but still look what happened to him.

He went to federal prison for 30 years.

Got out in 10 for good behavior and is not allowed to use a computer now.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.