[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brand Loyalty in Hardware
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: brand-loyalty.jpg (24 KB, 300x211) Image search: [Google]
brand-loyalty.jpg
24 KB, 300x211
What are your thoughts on Brand loyalty and fanboyism in computer hardware?

Do you actively defend "your" company from negative comments or attack the competition ?
>>
i think kids like to talk shit a lot but they dont really know what the hell they be talkin about
>>
>being loyal to a company

why would anybody do this
>>
>>52515988
Ask /g/ - Consumerism
>>
>>52515988
To justify their own purchase.
I bought AMD, so everyone buying Intel must be shitheads, right?
>>
>>52515955

Buying multiple/all products from the same company is very acceptable if you e.g. buy Y because it plays really well with X (iPhone/iPad, Lumia/Surface/Hotmail/..., Android/Chromebook/Gmail/...).

If you are used to something and the other product is similiar, it's fine as well, e.g. buying a Rotring pencil because you like your Rotring pen or a Mercedes because you're used to driving a Mercedes.

I think this also goes for laptops, brands usally use same keyboards/touchpads so its more familiar out of the box.

Most other reasons 'muh botnet {apple/google/ms/lenovo/leemote/intel/whatever}', 'X is for poorfags', 'muh superior build quality'/'Chink X' are usually logical fallacies and/or impossible to quantify and somehow seem to dominate /g/. Not really sure why.

Only thing I am 'brand loyal' in is bottled water so I can't really tell what motivates other people
>>
>>52516186

>Bottled water
>not filtering your own

Get the fuck out of here faggot
>>
>>52516023
No you're the shithead! AMD SUX!!!1
>>
>>52515955
It's one thing to buy many things from the same company because you like their design language, consistency or their product ecosystem, but brand loyalty for the sake of brand loyalty is just fucking dumb.
>>
>>52515955
Nah I usually state the reasons I like And dislike the brand I'm into but don't tell people their stuff is junk because I don't like it as long as they enjoy the product they bought why does it matter.
>>
>2016
>having brand loyalty
The vast majority of companies release shit products. You have to wade through it to find anything worthwhile.
>>
>>52515955

I'm currently enjoying Sony hardware, I bought HTC hardware exclusively before they fucking destroyed the One M series.
>>
If anything, I actually have brands that I avoid like a plague; apacer, lenovo (smartphones), D-link, Remington, Jimenez, Ryanair, to name a few
>>
>>52517022
>apacer,
meh
>lenovo (smartphones)
lenovo make smartphones?
>D-link,
bit hit or miss in my experience
>Remington, Jimenez, Ryanair
who?
>>
File: ÖNEMLİ.png (275 KB, 1345x1751) Image search: [Google]
ÖNEMLİ.png
275 KB, 1345x1751
doin that,testing to see if i can post on 4chinz
>>
>>52515955

I try to not have any brand loyalties. As long as it's good, what the fuck does it matter?

I can see why people buy AMD CPUs. Their APU series is god-tier if you're on a budget, and their FX chips are cheaper than Intel's i5 series.
>>
>>52517022
oh yeah i try to avoid lenovo, D-link and TP-Link too from previous consumer experience.
>>
I tend to root for AMD in graphics because I always had a thing for ATI. I'm not a fanboy, if I had to replace my card today I'd probably gladly buy a 980 or a 970
>>
>>52515970
sir you don't understand how right you are
>>
>>52515955
Yeah I shill Akg everyday.
>>
>>52517084
Ebin... Skype safe...
>>
>>52515955
get fucked lincuck
>>
>>52516186
Perrier > San Pellegrino
>>
>>52517073
He was talking about who to avoid lmao
>>
AMD, Any small Indie developer that delivers a cheap and enjoyable game, Audi, Amazon, Somewhat Newegg.
>>
File: button_download.png (6 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
button_download.png
6 KB, 120x120
>>52515988
If I've purchased a product from a company that meet or exceeded my expectations and demands, I'm now more likely to buy from them in the future because I know their shit's alright. Buying from another company whose product I've never used is more of a risk and my risk aversion is misconstrued as vrand loyalty when I try to share it with you faggots.
>>
For aftermarket stuff its reasonable, like always buying xfx or some shit
>>
>>52523781
bullshit, SanP is the best water that's available everywhere.

i do prefer some local varieties from spain when i go on vacation tho.
>>
>>52523856
Just because you name it differently does not make it something else.
>>
>>52523856
fuck off amd shill
>>
>>52523781
I disagree.
Never liked Perrier and I'm not really fussy about mineral water.
I think I bought one bottle of Perrier and didn't like it.
YMMV
>>
>>52515955
>>Do you actively defend "your" company from negative comments or attack the competition ?
Doesnt that depend on the accusations? I mean, if I bought X and it was shit, then bought Y and it was better, why wouldnt I defend Y in an argument regarding the quality of their products?

I mean, you always have to consider that bad publicity can kill companies. When I got my BBQ10 one girl at the company I worked literally asked me if Blackberry devices could go on the internet, not even realizing that they were some of the first cellphones that were able to do so. Only took a couple years for a companys reputation to go down the toilet.

And if I dont defend the product I bought, then the company might go out of business, with its products not being available to me anymore. Its a vicious cycle. You dont want to advertise shit, but letting people shit talk something might in the brands downfall if all people start to think like that.
>>
>>52523914
>>52523893
>>52523781
Shut the fuck up, it's normal fucking water in a plastic bottle.
>>
>>52523900
The difference between what he's talking about and brand loyalty is that someone with brand loyalty will keep using that brand even if it turns to shit.
>>
Brand loyalty is a clear symptom of mental retardation.

I'll buy whatever brand has the best product for the price I'm willing to pay.
>>
>>52525429
glass, homie. Plastic bottles lose too much CO2, the water goes flat.
>>
>>52525587
This, people on /g/ act like someone shitting in a company they've bought from is some kind of personal attack. Just buy what suits you best who cares what brand it is that doesn't change the product
>>
>>52515955
No, but I do tend to give them the benefit of the doubt if they historically do well. But in the end it is "trust, but verify" as good companies go bad all the time.

Case in point I loved Mac, but hate Apple.
>It was all down hill once they started supporting multi colored CRTs.
>>
I wouldn't call it "brand loyalty" but if I buy a product from a company and I'm thoroughly satisfied with it, I'll be more inclined to be interested in the next product they produce.

If the next product is shit, I won't buy it.
>>
File: jjjko.jpg (104 KB, 974x1416) Image search: [Google]
jjjko.jpg
104 KB, 974x1416
apple makes me want to kill myself
>>
I've tended to go with AMD simply because they tend to be the most cost effective. If I were going for raw power of course I would go Intel/Nvidia. Brand loyalty is for plebs.
>>
He's talking about gun
>remington
Cool handgun, bargain bin-tier AR
>Jimenez
Your typical gringo-tier gun. Rough machining, rough finishing and whatnot. QC? Que QC?

>ryanair
Quick google shows about an airline.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.