[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Experiences of coding while high?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Uncle-Remus.jpg (14 KB, 365x278) Image search: [Google]
Uncle-Remus.jpg
14 KB, 365x278
Do any of you guys like to smoke a little bit before you code? Any other substances you guys like to us while coding? How did your work turn out?

I go to a top 10 school for CS and have heard mixed results from people. Some people say that pot helps them concentrate on their work, others say that it makes them distracted or have trouble debugging.

pic semi related
>>
D U D E
>>
DUDE

WEED

LMAO
>>
>>52515189
Every time I ever smoked and attempted to code, I would stare at the code for about 10 minutes, and then promptly fuck around on the internet for hours.

Doesn't work for me. One beer is alright and one adderall is amazing.
>>
>>52515266
lots of people seem to get huge benefits from adderall but it doesn't really seem to affect me all that much..
>>
File: dude weed lmao.png (285 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
dude weed lmao.png
285 KB, 470x470
420 blaz it XDDDDD
>>
Guyzzz I'm soooo cool wew lad snoop dog ayy lamo
>>
>>52515222
DUDE TRIPS
>>
>>52515266
I've been considering trying Adderall. If you're learning something new while on Adderall are you going to remember what you learned after the effects wear off? I'm currently learning Java and it's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>52515299

Yeah I took 10 mg of Adderall once to do a project. I didn't really feel anything, I just noticed that I stayed up 6am. Otherwise I didn't feel anything noticeable. Might need a higher dosage but I probably won't do it again
>>
>>52515371
Java is dying and no one will care about it in 5-10 years, why even bother learning it?
>>
>>52515189
I tried writing a fizzbuzz in haskell stoned once and after getting pissed at it for not working realized I didn't put in a print statement.
>>
>>52515371
I'd say it's effect is better and more pronounced once you already know what you're doing but can't see the proper way to implement it. You'll notice patterns and design choices more clearly, definitely try it while building something, Idk about learning it.
>>
>>52515412
I need to know it for what I'm doing. Can you answer my question though? Does it help you remember stuff or is it just something that gets you through a lot of work?
>>
>>52515442
Okay thanks. I think I'll hold off on using it until I know Java a little better
>>
>>52515513
One more bit of advice, use it sparingly and do research on long term effects. Adderall is something you DO NOT want to abuse.
>>
>>52515442
Yeah pretty much this. My advice is to eat a meal before you take adderall. It's kind of like drinking a few cups of coffee but without the jitters. The crash is somewhat annoying. I slept for 10 hours, but at least I got my work done.
>>
>>52515371
I take adderall for motivational purposes. I have untreated depression, like everyone else here. I've never used it for studying.
>>
Pretty much what the above posters have said. You will stare at your code, do nothing, and fuck off for a few hours. Weed and coding just don't mix. Adderal and liquor have a better reputation, though liquor can lead to some sub-optimal algorithms.
>>
>>52515644
Take shrooms for motivational purposes. With the right mindset it's very helpful.
>>
I got home pretty wasted at 2 AM once and decided to do some coding for a project I was working on. When I woke up later, I had no fucking idea what any of the code meant and neither did my compiler. I ended up having to delete everything and start over since it required less work than correcting all my mistakes while drunk.

So yeah, I wouldn't recommend drinking too much alcohol when coding.
>>
>>52515667
What are your experiences?
>>
>>52515667
I had shrooms about three weeks ago, actually. It was a very positive experience but tryptamine psychedelics are not an effective longterm antidepressant for me. My depression doesn't stem from negative thoughts or beliefs, it is a physiological in nature. I was genetically predisposed to this condition.
>>
lmao weed 420 dude XDDDD
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.