[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why all the major distros use systemd?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
https://youtu.be/RrU540KkjN8

Is it botnet?
>>
>>52508944
>is it botnet?
yes
>>
>>52509040
Proof?
>>
>>52509046
do your own research you fucking useless cunt

http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>>
because Red Hat supports systemd, so anything that Red Hat develops will start to depend on systemd.
Red Hat develops a lot of important Linux things
>>
>1 minute to boot that pc

Throw that piece of shit away.
>>
>>52509066
>muh boot times
ebin meme
>>
because it has an NSA backdoor
>>
>>52509057
http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
Literally nothing about botnet you shitfucker
>>
>there are faggots who actively use poetteringware
>>
Why do all the major distros use Linux?

Is it a botnet?
>>
>2072
>sleepd turns my alarmd on
>pull off my coversd through the bedctl interface
>"Thank you once again for a nice sleep, Poettering" I recite
>kitchenctl enable breakfast
>begin to enjoy my breakfastd
>dreading going to OpenWork; they refuse to embrace the tenderness of Poettering
>carctl enable engine
>card won't start
>can't journalctl because logging is binary
>fired from card failing
>>
>>52509074
If it's that slow at booting a fucking lightweight os and a dm to go with it imagine how awfully slow it is at everything else.
>>
>>52509101
>breakfastd
kek'd
>>
kerneld when
>>
Because major distros know that they'll never expand beyond 1% market share if they don't. Anti-systemd people are afraid that lunix will lose more of its super sekrit club status.
>>
>>52508944
This video is bs, systemd runs well when it's configured properly. If you just chain everything how it was before then there will be no change. systemd support in Gentoo is going to be questionable at best, look at how performance changed on distros like Fedora, Ubuntu and Debian.
>>
The thing here is that SystemVinit is old as shit and obsolete, and what most distros were shipping with before SystemD (although a BSD-style init superior to vanilla SysVinit), so there was need for a change, but none of the other init alternatives were ever being included in distros for some reason. Then like some anon said, RedHat developed SystemD and pushed it into other distros.

The problem with SystemD is not how it initializes the system, since it's way superior than SysVinit in that aspect, but how SystemD is replacing various userland programs that had no need to be replaced, creating a bloated monster that is far from simple, and simplicity is one of the things UNIX autists obsess about even though GNU/Linux does not follows the UNIX philosophy at all.

So yeah, if SystemD continues replacing userland programs it will soon be SystemD/Linux or SystemD plus GNU plus Linux, and when an init program adopts many programs under it, the init crashing would mean the whole system crashing as well.
>>
File: damngood.gif (2 MB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
damngood.gif
2 MB, 533x300
>>52509101
>>
>>52508944
>30 fucking seconds to load the display driver
Top kek.
>>
why all major systems use linux kernel?
is this nsa backdoored?
>>
>>52509412
Yes. See Syslinux.
>>
File: 1449448574662.jpg (8 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
1449448574662.jpg
8 KB, 265x265
>>52509104
>kde
>lightweight
>>
>>52509057
>Please do not default to using Google nameservers - Debian package maintainer refuses to acknowledge the privacy leak and closed the bug.
If using Google nameserver is considered privacy leak then plugging in ethernet cable should be considered joining a botnet.
>>
>>52509104
Painfully ignorant posts like this should serve to remind people that everybody who mattered stopped arguing about systemd about 2 years ago when Debian decided to adopt it.
>>
If it's not yet, it will be OP
>>
>>52509500
fuck off lennart
>>
File: 1449791982775_g.jpg (421 KB, 1589x1191) Image search: [Google]
1449791982775_g.jpg
421 KB, 1589x1191
>>52509085
Not the guy you are arguing with, but the article you linked has an example of debian's jesse using a Google as a default nameserver if those assigned fail. And the devs are arguing into the dirt to prevent any changes.
>>
>>52509786
>defaulting to a nameserver that is reliable and will probably be around for a long time
>as opposed to some opportunist freetard hobby projects that come and go on a monthly basis
>>
File: 1450085453020.gif (826 B, 120x160) Image search: [Google]
1450085453020.gif
826 B, 120x160
>>52509849
You mean opposition of choice.
Goym?
>>
>>52510010
But you still have choice, just input the nameserver you want.
>>
File: file.jpg (73 KB, 519x533) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
73 KB, 519x533
>>52509101
>>
>>52509786
>>52510010
You are trolling, right?
>>
Starting my linux experience from debian wheezy which was the last release before the systemd switch i never understood the "muh speed" argument.
I mean why does it bother people so much whether your computer starts in 15 seconds or 25 seconds?

If we were talking about some humongous differences between boot times like 30+ seconds difference then yeah, might be but 10, who cares?

Anyways, switching to systemd didn't affect my life or experience with linux at all, save for the fact that I actually remember those few commands that control systemd, unlike sysvinit.
after all i'm using fedora which was the early adopter of systemd.

Most distros use it, which means noone came up with anything decent, meaning it was the best choice we had.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.