[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I would like to set up an IP webcam at my front door. I was thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: raspberrypi-cameranextusb.jpg (41 KB, 532x343) Image search: [Google]
raspberrypi-cameranextusb.jpg
41 KB, 532x343
I would like to set up an IP webcam at my front door. I was thinking about buying a raspberry pi zero but it is nowhere available or I'm just to stupid to find it. It doesn't have to be good quality video or sound, but motion detect would be great. Should I stay with the idea of using raspberry pi or does someone have a better option?
>>
You probably have an old phone, use that.
>>
>>52508746
Get one with ethernet? Why the fuzz with the raspberry?
>>
I need to use it with wifi
>>
>>52508771
this if you're looking to go ghetto
any phone with wifi can be turned into an IP webcam
>>
>>52508746
they sell IP webcams you know.

unless you really want to build one yourself.
>>
I've got an iphone 4s with icloud lock, guess it ain't possible?
>>
>>52508818
Nah fuck iphone, android phones all work
Just get an IP webcam
>>
>>52508818
Give it back nigger
>>
>>52508853
I wanted to, but the one who lost it doesn't want to pay the return shipping
>>
I've got a Galaxy Ace, will try it now with this one. The battery is quite fucked up (About 20 minutes with a full charge) but it will be connected all the time so that doesn't mind
>>
>>52508746
motion detection is cheap as fuck, in my country it cost from 5-15$, if you are hamburger its probably even cheaper.

and you have free gpio

just remember that normal rpi has dedicated port for camera and rpi does not
>>
>>52508918
Why would they do that?

It's extremely reasonable if it's the only thing you're asking
>>
>>52508818
part that fucker out.
>>
>>52508918
>I have your phone and will give it back but you owe me money.
extortion is a white person crime jamal
>>
>>52508746
>not buying a cheap ass chink ip cam on ebay for under $10
>>
>>52509461
But OP is le epic haxxor who installs linux and a bunch of packages on his own! He don't need no premade pleb stuff.
>>
>>52509097
I checked the sim, contacted his provider, the provider gave my email to him (because of reasons), he contacted me and told me that he's going to pay me a reward and the shipping fee. I said I would ship it as soon as I receive the money. After a few weeks still nothing, I contacted him again and he told me he's on vacation. The same thing goes on for a few months and I even told him that I just want the shipping fee and his adress. He didn't wrote back since then
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.