[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Telegram thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: 707824572ed4fd27ce.png (250 KB, 400x631) Image search: [Google]
707824572ed4fd27ce.png
250 KB, 400x631
If anyone want to join us for shitposting in telegram here is a link

https://telegram.me/joinchat/CEYFOQTvVqI1VhBCkpl45g

Or write you ID and I will add you manually

You can create username and you don't need to share you phone number like in whatsapp

All /g/entoomen are welcome
>>
its shit
>>
What's more botnet, this or signal?
>>
>>52508654
this obviously
>>
>>52508633
Doesnt this mean everyone can see your phone number or what
>>
>>52508681
No, only an @username
>>
Great group, nice to get entertained and get to know that /g/ is not full of autists
>>
>>52508633
Fuck off Durov, no one wants to use your shitty client
>>
Whatever happened to Tox? Did it just die out?
>>
>>52509573
Better than whatsapp though
>>52509888
>looks like shit
>very less features
>>
>>52509959
Didn't Telegram get compromised in 2013?
>>
Why not just use IRC?
>>
>>52510021
You can't shitpost Stallman stickers in IRC
>>
Is there any way to easily save contact's history on the local client, not the server? Telegram-cli cannot properly fetch all my huge-ass history for a year period for some reason.
>>
>>52510039
you can send a link to the image
but in all seriousness the only thing you can think of is sending stickers?
>>
>>52510021
Are there any /g/ IRC channels? Maybe we should make a thread for one
>>
>>52510237
There are.
They're both shit.
>>
>>52510237
there's tons go on rizon IRC and search /g/ unfortunately none of them use FISMLiM so I don't bother with them
>>
>>52510237
irc is granda now
get on slack
>>
>>52510494
Please don't recommend proprietary software.
>>
>>52510517
Plz go to a doctor
>>
>>52508633
shit app.
got cucked
>>
>>52508633
>education = slavery
gg murricans :)
>>
>>52512322
kek
>>
>>52511942
dumb nigger
>>
>>52508633
is there no other messaging app thats better than telegram?
>>
>>52508633
OP here, I revoked the link, will post again after some weeks, better luck next time fags!
>>
>>52513696
What's wrong with telegram? Seems just about perfect to me. (Not counting the whole botnet thing.)
>>
>>52508654
>>52515485
Been outside the loop for too long, what made Telegram confirmed botnet?

Serious question, looking through archives didn't give me any reason, just random posts saying
"
B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T
"
and the like.
>>
>>52514365
aw shucks I missed the sekrit klub
>>
>>52516071
google "crypto fail telegram"
>>
>>52508633
Why not shitpost on twitter instead? It is safer, more anonymous and more secure for anyone who live in a totalitarian regime. Don't want to get jailed in case anyone talks shit about the president.
>>
>>52516212
Thanks man, really appreciate the heads-up.
>>
>>52516287
you're better off with XMPP + OTR or IRC + FiSHLIM
>>
>>52516071
>Been outside the loop for too long, what made Telegram confirmed botnet?

Weak crypto... Also they seem to cooperate with totalitarian states to get political dissidents jailed. For example like in Egypt. Twitter has proven to be much safer for anyone who want to badmouth the Egyptian president.

The so called "security" aspect of it is just placebo and they are obviously more insecure than social media that is public. If you look how little twitter shares with totalitarian regimes.

>>52513696
Signal is better and more secure. So is twitter and whatsapp.
>>
>>52516307
Gonna check them out.
Using Telegram for normie friends tho, so I guess I'll keep the app a while.

I mostly shitpost there anyway.

>>52516318
Damn son, that's quite a big deal.
I feel for the people in totalitarian states, that just plain sucks.
>>
>>52508633
wtf why was I kicked?
>>
>>52516307
Keep in mind that Signal is open-source, uses crypto correctly, and will have desktop app in the future for all platforms.

There's also cryptocat... Dunno much about it tho...

>Can they see my telephone number?
No.
>>
>>52516912
>and will have desktop app in the future for all platforms.
will I still need a smartphone and chrome browser?
>>
Tfw me and some fellow /b/ros have been in the same telegram for over a year now.
Magical.
>>
>>52516930
I'm not sure, it's still in alpha at the moment. However I'd be surprised if they REQUIRED you use a phone and/or chrome.
>>
>>52510237

There's two (AFIAK):

/g/ (which requires SSL, probably to weed out the less technically inclined)
/g/technology which is a more general chat about technology

Considering how fast things are going, I'm surprised that IRC still has a healthy population.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.