[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remote pirate radio transmitter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Custom_Dipole_Antenna-450.jpg (59 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
Custom_Dipole_Antenna-450.jpg
59 KB, 450x338
Hey /g/, long time no see.

I had an idea for a remote pirate radio station. I was thinking that I could get a load of car batteries, a Raspberry pi and an antenna then place the whole package on a mountainside with a clear view of my city. With a 3g internet modem connected to the Raspberry Pi, I could stream my broadcasts from the comfort of my office to the remote Raspi and send them over the airwaves with the antenna. Maybe even queue up broadcasts.

How feasible is this in your opinion? Anyone with any experience with this kind of thing?
>>
>>52507931
>3g connection
They'd find you in a week
>>
It's very illegal and the fcc will be on your ass within a month
>>
>>52507960
Actually, they could find me in 10 minutes due to the antenna alone. I'm banking on the fact that the remote location will hinder them. I'm also living in a european country and they're a lot more relaxed about the whole thing.

I'm not wondering about legal shit.
>>
>>52508122
which one?
i'm dutch and here it's almost legal
>>
>>52508171
Ireland. We have a pirate station in my city that's pretty much tolerated at this stage. However, they broadcast fairly tame material.
>>
Its alright if you are in Europe.
>>
Setting up a pirate radio station has always been easy, keeping it is not, whether it's law enforcement or someone else, they will take your shit down. No fun allowed by the public, it's almost absurd how much easier it is to just host an audio stream globally using the internet than it is to stream on some band locally.
>>
>>52507931
Who is going to watch you? Are you a crazy?
>>
I'd say go urban guerilla instead of the remote location. There are cheaper solutions than raspi. (think of chip's 9$ comp). Just spread out a some of those in abandoned building or places you can hide them. Use a local open(or 'opened') wifi to make the connection.
>>
What do you wanna broadcast?
>>
>>52508322
Don't you know anything about how autistic FCC and friends are about radio signals?
>>
>>52508353
The FCC operates in the USA.
>>
>>52508389
>and friends
Substitute for your local authority.
>>
Rumor has it that the FCC wont do anything if you mirror a numbers station with it.
>>
>>52507931
You are a fucking idiot. What are you going to use as an exiter? transmitter? stereo processor? amp? You really think a rasp 3.14 will transmit anything? 4/10 bait I fell for it.
>>
>>52508353
Their budget has been slashed and agents fired left and right. As long as you stay semi-mobile and are out of large metro cities with a FCC office nearby, you have a decent chance of not getting caught. They seriously don't have the money or will to do much.
>>
>>52508543
That's what I'm wondering you cunt.
>>
>>52508615
Ok, If you want to "get out" you will need power. Lots of it. And it's not cheap, either. For instance: 10ft high antenna, with a 100 watt amp, you might get out 10 miles or so. Not really impressive. It takes money. A 150 watt system will probably set you back 1.5k or more. You need a power supply, exciter, and amp. Want to blast the town? 1k watts is a good starting point.
>>
>>52508171
Piratestations are a fucking cancer.
When I used to work we either listened to SlamFM or Qmusic, 99.6 and 100.4.

Guess which channel the local pirate who exclusively played Dutch folk music used?
>>
>>52507931

Car batteries are terrible.

Use Marine Batteries.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.