[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be possible for me to implement anti-cheat on an online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: et130z3.jpg (233 KB, 1492x990) Image search: [Google]
et130z3.jpg
233 KB, 1492x990
Would it be possible for me to implement anti-cheat on an online test?

Something that lets me know if a student googles a question, or something that lets me see their screen when they took the test?

I have a class full of suspected cheaters for the netcad tests, and I'm kinda peeved about it.
>>
>>52501271
Install a RAT or Windows 10 on their PC.
>>
>>52501271
let them cheat, cheaters rule the world
>>
>>52501271
I remember back in like 07, the teachers in my hs had programs they used like that, the board employed it corporation wide. You could only see your students screens though, worked anywhere in the building.
>>
Well most schools use software like LockDown Browser for taking tests so the student can't do anything else on that computer at least while they are testing.

https://www.respondus.com/products/lockdown-browser/
>>
>>52501327
That's not really ethical considering they're doing the tests on their home PCs.

>>52501341
I'm happy as a mother fucker if they cheat and get away with it. I don't give a fuck, and their grades reflect on me.

When it's a full class getting perfect scored on every single test, though. That shit looks bad and I could get in some shit.
>>
>>52501271
So you want to reward the students that own two devices and can look it up on the other one?
>>
>>52501341
That's why when you get out into the working world it seems like almost nobody knows what the fuck they are doing with anything despite what ever their degrees say.
There's always only like handful of people out of any large group who actually know what to do about anything, who somehow keep the everything on track while everybody else is bullshitting their way through life hoping they don't get exposed.
>>
>>52501271
Lockdown browsers are an option

Check out respondus
>>
>>52501454
i'm still not seeing the problem here, the few who "keep everything on track" aren't going anywhere
>>
>>52501400
>When it's a full class getting perfect scored on every single test, though. That shit looks bad and I could get in some shit.

>a class doing extremely well is considered a cause for concern
what a world we live in
>>
>>52501400
>That's not really ethical
Nigga, you are in no position to claim what is ethical or not, you just said you wanted to spy on your students home PC while they study.

>Something that lets me know if a student googles a question, or something that lets me see their screen when they took the test?
>>
Ehhhh simply go to the back of the classroom and have every student to look only to their screens, you are behind them so you can have a general view of everyone's computer, just pay attention for any odd looking screens or students with their phones. If class is too big ask a second teacher to cover any blind spots for you.
>>
>>52501271
unless you plan on implementing a RAT or a keylogger, no
>>
>>52501271
https://www.w3.org/TR/page-visibility/?csw=1

If the page loses visibility (another tab is opened) then it's reasonable to assume they're trying to cheat. Of course, this falls prey to the same problem that solutions like >>52501386 have, which is you can just use a second machine to bypass the entire thing.

Basically, if someone wants to cheat, there's not really anything you can do; the furthest you can get is probably checking if they're trying to run it in a virtual machine (http://www.securitygalore.com/site3/vmd1-advisory), otherwise you're fucked.
>>
>>52501271
>>52501400
>netcad tests
The answer keys for those are available everywhere, there's no stopping any of your students from having access to them.

>they're doing the tests on their home PCs.
Just administer the test in-class.
>>
>>52501271
You are an idiot what if I used my phone to search answers u gunna record that screen aswell faggot
>>
>>52503374
Underage detected
>>
>>52501271
If I knew there was anti-cheat protocols in place, I would simply cheat on another computer / tablet / phone. If I found out there was anti-cheat in place on my home computer and was not informed or if I did not set it up myself, I would be absolutely furious.

The only way to effectively eliminate cheating on online tests is to require them to be in a controlled environment, such as a class room or a computer lab set up specifically for this.

There's a class that I almost took that required software to be installed so the proctor can monitor your webcam while taking a test to make sure you aren't looking up shit elsewhere. Fuck that noise. I don't even have a webcam on my desktop or my laptop and I sure as shit am not getting one so some asshole can spy on me.
>>
>>52503335
>The answer keys for those are available everywhere

I know. I googled pretty much the full practice test and found every single answer on quizlet.

Fuck quizlet.

>Just administer the test in-class.
Considering most of my classes are online, this wouldn't work for the majority. The on-campus classes might not even work since most of the students are above the age of 30.

There would be an uproar never before seen if they learned they can no longer work from home in their underwear.
>>
>>52501271
key logging software

otherwise check their bib and see if their sources also come up on wikipedia articles
>>
>>52503500
>otherwise check their bib and see if their sources also come up on wikipedia articles

It's multiple choice/fill in the blank/matching
>>
>>52503510
You're fucked.

>>52503483
You're very fucked.
>>
>>52503545
This. There is nothing meaningful you can do here.

If anyone really gave a shit if anyone cheated, it would be in an exam room in a controlled environment, on paper.

It's an online test, so it's just meaningless certification bullshit. Don't even bother. It's not like it matters to employers anyway.
>>
>>52501400
>When it's a full class getting perfect scored on every single test, though.

Wow, I've never seen a class that coordinated before.
>>
>>52501271
Draw a box on the page, monitor the onmouseleave
>>
File: love is god.jpg (24 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
love is god.jpg
24 KB, 500x367
>>52501271
>I have a class full of suspected cheaters for the netcad tests
How do you decide who gets put on that list?
>>
>>52501271
>How do you decide who gets put on that list?
Anyone who fits the description of a potsmoking loser.
>>
block all websites except test one in firewall
>>
>>52501271
>not teaching students in using free software

tsk tsk tsk...
>>
Make something on js so if they minimize or change the window, they fail the exam.
>>
>>52501271
>implement anti-cheat on an online test?

Are the students in a specific room doing the test or are they doing it at home? Because if home, they just could have another laptop on the desk. If in school, why couldn't you disable every else website but the exam from router or via hosts file in windows?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.