[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why bestbuy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1080p.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1080p.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
So I was just wondering if anyone knows why bestbuy has a monopoly on the Reference Geforce GTX 970 card. I bought one there shortly after they came out and the price is still the same now. Its the only place you can get them. They probably have some kind of contract with Nvidia. B.S. imho. I want to grab a second one when the price comes down but that might be a while I guess.
>>
>>52501126
you know there is this thing called internet shopping right....
>>
>>52501126
You answered your own question. BestBuy has a contract with Nvidia to be their dealer for reference parts.
>>
@snek that includes internet shopping. They don't sell them anywhere else unless they are refurbed or used. Ya I figured it was a contract, just wanted to comment and say its pretty shitty.
>>
>>52501300
>@snek
>>>/reddit/
>>
the Fallout one?
>>
>>52501126
>why bestbuy has a monopoly on the Reference Geforce GTX 970 card
They don't, you're just stupid.
>>
>>52501126
Its a custom SKU for bestbuy only. Mainly so you cant price match to another store.

They do this with nearly all graphics cards that are sold in their physical stores. Those EVGA 960's? Custom SKU.... they may be SSC models but they are missing the extra 6 pin connector vs. regular SSC models.

Ive had BestBuy employees have a hard time price matching a 64 gb micro SD card to $25-30(cant remember) because they couldnt believe it would ever be sold that cheap when they had it at $60. The manager was visibly pissed to have to price match Bhphotovideo.

heh, two employees said they dont price match that literally "who?" website. I then had them pull up a copy of the price match terms and had the must smug face when they realized it was included and the model matched 100%.

An employee told me it was very rare to legitimately have to take 50% off for a price match. The marketing/inventory jews do their best to avoid situations like this with custom SKUs
>>
>>52503325
>The manager was visibly pissed to have to price match Bhphotovideo.

I don't know about Best Buy, but I work at microcenter and we explicitly refuse price-matches with bhphoto. They're not a local store. Newegg and Amazon are only our non-local exceptions.
>>
>>52503176
holy shit youre retarded
>>
>>52501126
>Z800 system board in a random case
what is this meme
>>
>>52503377
bestbuy isnt just localm its any "reputable" seller
>>
>>52503325
Worked at Best Buy for 8 years. When I finally got out is when I started realizing just how much they attempt to spin the truth to squeeze every penny out of customers.

I mean I always knew to a degree. I always told the truth to customers BUT with the back agenda to make money so I didn't get my ass fired. Didn't really sink in till I finally quit.
>>
>>52503429
wow you must be a giant moron if you didnt realize that within 8 years. Shoudlve stayed there, theres no hope for you anywhere else.
>>
>>52503424

I'm quite surprised Best Buy has such a liberal price-match policy. Their return policy is atrocious.

Especially when they have no obligation to do so. BHphoto has 1 store in the US and very little distribution centers outside of NE America.
>>
lmao
>>
>>52503487
> Their return policy is atrocious.
where in the world are you?
I am pretty sure the return policy is one of the few things keeping bestbuy in business, you can return most anything for any reason or no reason at all
>>
>>52503377
Damn, when you won't match literal Jews that's pretty tight.
>>
fry associates work on commission, they flat out lie to customers who dont know any better to make a sale.

pathetic
>>
>>52503470
Ever heard of brainwashing, asshole?
>>
File: 1429027083719.jpg (61 KB, 360x335) Image search: [Google]
1429027083719.jpg
61 KB, 360x335
>>52503509
Well to drop from 30 days to 15 is pretty damn retarded. Although if you have a Silver Membership the return policy for you is 45 days.
>>
>>52503526
yeah, mostly in fictional media, never hoped or thought anyone was weak minded enough to actually make an employee THINK they were "brainwashed"
>>
>>52503509
>I am pretty sure the return policy is one of the few things keeping bestbuy in business, you can return most anything for any reason or no reason at all

You can but they put you on a national registry for returns.

If you return more than 3 items within 90 days, they ban you from returning for a few months.

I remember getting a no-more-return slip during an exchange, and after that I never bought anything from Best Buy ever again.
>>
File: 124124124.png (25 KB, 158x216) Image search: [Google]
124124124.png
25 KB, 158x216
>>52503554
>If you return more than 3 items within 90 days, they ban you from returning for a few months.
Interesting, our store never did that. Obviously I can't speak for all stores.
>>
>>52503554
>I remember getting a no-more-return slip during an exchange, and after that I never bought anything from Best Buy ever again.
Wow, didnt know that. That is hilarious. good to know, thanks.
>>
>>52501126
>reference video cards
Well wasted money lel
>>
>>52503575
What part of the US do you work at? My store does do that definitely
>>
File: 1443899301124.jpg (411 KB, 1200x1708) Image search: [Google]
1443899301124.jpg
411 KB, 1200x1708
>>52503598
Did work at, I'm the 8 year anon. I've been out for 2 years now so technically my info is a little slated now but I still have friend whom still work there.

To answer your question: Store 118, Oxnard, CA

So glad not having to do black friday anymore.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.