[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monitor arms any recommendations? experiences? I need it for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Monitor arms

any recommendations? experiences?

I need it for single monitor, the more articulation, the sturdier the arm the better
>>
bump, interested in this ever done i used a dial monitor setup with arms at a college computer lab.
seems useful if you want a portrait layout.
is there a standard mounting system for monitors, or do you need to choose carefully, to avoid incompatibilities?
>>
>>52493755
The single greatest consumer meme to hit the technology world.
EVER!
>>
google and amazon/newegg reviews are your friend
>>
>>52493755
have that type in dual monitor setup. the stacking version (shown in pic) comes with a laptop stand as well. works really well, at least to keep monitors steady and my desk clean. just get a cheap one with full metal build and good reviews though, since ergotron isn't exactly the cheapest.
>>
Just get an Ergotron and be done with it.

Or see if Multibrackets can offer you something.
They have a pretty large selection.
>>
>>52493997
>>
I'm debating between
http://www.skytech.lt/482bbbf-dell-single-monitor-arm-p-237623.html
and
http://www.skytech.lt/sstarm11bc-silverstone-monitor-arm-black-p-172322.html
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
Was thinking about getting pic related but my monitor is barely withing the supported weight range - as in it's too fucking light. What are the odds, huh? Anyway, I think it looks nice. Available in different colors too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBaiCyvGWy4
>>
>>52494591
looks silly desu
>>
>>52494591
>it's too fucking light

I, uh...but the stand works in that pic without a monitor...Why would a light monitor not work?
>>
>>52493755
I bought a dual arms one for 50€ from amazon.de, no particular brand or anything. Very robust. Let's see if I can find it.

Pretty sure it's this "Lavolta" one http://www.amazon.de/Lavolta-Monitorhalterung-Bildschirm-Einstellbaren-Armen/dp/B00WX0WP7Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453148504&sr=8-1&keywords=monitorarm+dual
>>
>>52495488
Does that work with 21:9 (i mean wide) monitors too?
>>
>>52495234
It has a screw that you can turn to compress the spring you can see in that picture so it doesn't sag with heavier monitors. You've got set it right for every display.

With a monitor as light as mine, it would probably lift it up on its' own even on the lightest resistance. So I'd probably lose some range there, mostly in situations where you want the monitor to sit low.

I like the design, think it looks better than the Ergotron LX or Humanscale M8 for example - the latter of which I recently saw live by chance.

Who know, might still order one anyway. See how it goes...
>>
>>52495530
Not him, but I'd say that's unlikely.
>>
>>52493755
Op, listen carefully now.

>buy a bunch of monitor arms
>put them all together
>hook them withh strings so that you can extend and retract it
>extend your monitor into your neighbor's window
>'install gentoo'
>>
>>52495530
I have two benq gl2460 24" 16:9 mounted next to each other.
>>
>>52495670
this desu familiatachi
>>
>>52496099
10/10
would read again
>>
>>52495488
Why the fuck is the doppel more expensive than the dreifach?
>>
>>52497254
More demand?
>>
>>52493755
I've got the dual ergotron. Wasn't cheap but they're very well put together. Worth the money imho.
>>
>>52493755
Got a single ergotron arm for a tablet monitor and it's already fucking broken.
>>
>>52493997
is the laptop stand stuff enough to type on?
>>
I have the exact Ergotron in your picture. Can recommend, its sturdy.

Not much else to say about it. Just don't cheap out shit like this. Either go for quality or don't waste your money at all.
>>
>>52495596
..so just attach some weights to the back of your monitor or the arm.

Such a non-issue its amazing.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.