[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
facebook is a glorified chat, yes or no?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: dinosaurs-7.jpg (265 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dinosaurs-7.jpg
265 KB, 1920x1080
facebook is a glorified chat, yes or no?
>>
>>52492087
It is, thing is however, normies got so addicted to it, they don't know how to switch platforms, you gotta make something even more easy to use and with more hype to ever overcome it.
>>
Facebook is a glorified data mining operation.
>>
>>52492087
I remember using mIRC back in the day before skype even, and well, most of the guys/girls using it was tech literate, same goes for the internet as whole back in the day. Nowadays a complete moron can log in to facebook via his verizon phone or whatever, it shouldn't be like that
>>
When i ask someone why they use facebook, its either because of the chat or they "want to keep a backup of their pictures".
>>
how come skype and facebook have a huge overlap of their userbase?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451739088255.jpg (11 KB, 540x414) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451739088255.jpg
11 KB, 540x414
Only reason to browse facebook are the dank memes
>>
>>52492108
this
i kinda wanted to start using telegram, but none of my friends want to switch
>"Why would we switch anon? What is this botnet?"
>you're silly
>>
>>52492187
because a lot of people use both services?
And the people who think human rights are worth preserving aren't using either.
>>
>>52492194
>on loonix/FF
>use webskype, because normies need skype
>please upgrade your browser
>set agent string to IE
>skype works, everything else is broken

smd MS
>>
>>52492087
It's a melting pot for middle aged women's terrible opinions and desperately irritating memes, and generally everything wrong with the internet, is what it is,
>>
Yes, and I pretty much only use messenger.com 98% of the time.

But it's also useful for group discussion and event planning.
>>
I use tox
>>
I connect to facebook chat using Pidgin with the purple-facebook plugin so I don't have to keep the browser open. It's the only way I communicate with normies.
>>
>>52492087
those dinosaurs remind me of /fit/
>>
Facebook is a Myspace/Livejournal blog, but worse.
Inkbunny's much better.
>>
>>52492163
Man it's always the same lame excuse, i asked the same thing to friend and he was like "i back up pics cause i don't have much space and i also upload stuff there on secret albums i don't want anyone to see".
I thought "Fuck you're dumb" and then asked him why he would upload dangerous stuff there if he didn't want anyone to see it.
Then explained to him that FB sells people's pics for ads and other shit and he went like "Shieeet".
It's sad that he's the smartest guy i know.
>>
>>52492806
Why does fit have the yellow raptor on the front page
>>
>>52492087
Chat with Clickbait Ads

>>52492187
Facebook has a dick waving feature, Skype has only chat
>>
>using Jewbook
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.