[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will be the next revolutionary product /g/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
File: Pi2ModB1GB_-comp.jpg (3 MB, 4224x2394) Image search: [Google]
Pi2ModB1GB_-comp.jpg
3 MB, 4224x2394
What will be the next revolutionary product /g/ ?
>>
Affordable solar panels/wind turbines for your home
>>
Dunno. If I knew I'd be investing in whoever was making it or making it myself.
>>
Self-driving cars.
>>
Self-fucking dragon dildos.
>>
File: 8484xc5484.png (578 KB, 618x672) Image search: [Google]
8484xc5484.png
578 KB, 618x672
>>52491113
why would a dragon dildo need to fuck itself?
>>
>>52491171

the same reason you do, asshat
>>
File: 1449903245019.png (36 KB, 460x252) Image search: [Google]
1449903245019.png
36 KB, 460x252
>>52491171
Why not?
>>
>>52491030
wearable computers?
>>
File: GO.gif (19 KB, 394x363) Image search: [Google]
GO.gif
19 KB, 394x363
>>52491030
Nothing you moron, because technology has been advancing in smaller, more frequent increments as time goes by.

Only retards who've drunk Crapple's Kool-Aid, and uninformed normalfags think that tech released nowadays is in and of itself capable of causing technological revolution.
>>
>>52491534
You mean apart from things like self driving cars.
>>
>>52491551
But cars are slowly becoming autonomous, it's not like one day we're going to go from a 2004 Taurus to a self-driving Google car out of nowhere.
>>
File: letruth.jpg (156 KB, 1179x819) Image search: [Google]
letruth.jpg
156 KB, 1179x819
>>52491030
tech timeline
>>
>>52491578
Oculus rift
>>
>>52491041
Solar panels are cheap bro
>>
>>52491565
You're thinking in the wrong area. Yes, for most people who own their own cars, it will be fairly gradual. However, it will still be quite quick.
All we're waiting on is the bad weather conditions testing to be done.

The real revolution will be in goods delivery and transport.
Self driving trucks dude. Even if they end up slowly becoming fully autonomous, there will be a point where the human driver isn't needed- or rather, a dozen human drivers can be replaced by a single guy at a row of screens monitoring 10 trucks at once.
You can't make redundant millions of people all at once without serious repercussions.
>>
VR
>>
>>52491630
>Self driving trucks dude. Even if they end up slowly becoming fully autonomous, there will be a point where the human driver isn't needed- or rather, a dozen human drivers can be replaced by a single guy at a row of screens monitoring 10 trucks at once.
truck driving is the #1 way to move drugs and illegals around the country (every country). Its not going away.
>>
>>52491630
Well, that's a part of the reason why we won't immediately feel it, since we can't just pull the rug out from under the entire transportation industry. So it'll be like how today we could easily remove an entire department in a company with some Excel macros, but we won't for the good of everyone else.
>>
>>52491551
We have self-guided cars already, and the tech that makes them possible has been around for even longer. Whether or not they're available for purchase and/or legal to operate has nothing to do with the advancement of technology.
There is no technological revolution happening there. A motoring and transportation revolution, maybe, but not a technological one.
>inb4 someone says "but OP just said 'revolutionary product'- he didn't specify it had to be a technological revolution-"
This is /g/. If you can talk about any piece of technology that can facilitate revolutions, then you may as well talk about AK47s and IEDs. Oh, wait- we already have a board for that:
>>>/k/
Same as we have a board for automotives:
>>>/o/

If you want to fanwank over 'tech' in the most vague sense of the word, please be so kind as to do it on leddit instead.
>>
>>52491639
this
>>
>>52491630
I don't think this is where it will be first.
Laws will probably keep people in the vehicles for a while and cops like to have someone responsible for the truck in case of illegal goods.
It will start with the rich people who buys expensive cars (tesla is pretty far already)
Then it will either kill the uber market or be adapted by them so you can cheaply rent out your self driving car for a driverless taxi.

And everyone who is driving a truck already know that they live on burrowed time.
>>
>>52491784
This is America, the land of freedom where you can legally own assault weapons. Weapons will have to be outlawed nationally first before cars become outlawed.
>>
>>52491030
Non boolean based hardware implementation of neural networks.
>>
>>52491824
>Non boolean based hardware
You think we won't have any revolutionary product before the next century?
>>
File: sandbox.jpg (75 KB, 650x294) Image search: [Google]
sandbox.jpg
75 KB, 650x294
>>52491030
>>
>>52491809
I don't think automatic cars will be outlawed.
How democratic is the car industry?
Did they get rid of spare tires, forcing people to go to auto shops to tick the "nothing is wrong" box and add car stereos that is next to impossible to replace, because the free people of America wanted that?
They will add autonomous driving as well with or without your consent.
>>
>>52491951
>Did they get rid of spare tires, forcing people to go to auto shops to tick the "nothing is wrong" box and add car stereos that is next to impossible to replace, because the free people of America wanted that?
the what now?
>>
>>52491030
4k+ pictures of small scale cities, planes, whatever, and the ability to take those pictures and seamlessly render them into vidya and sims
>>
>>52491975
Spare tires are being replaced by a small little spray tool that will fill the tire with air.
It is a lot smaller and lighter than having a real spare tire.
In case you have not owned a new car, there is a computer in almost all of them.
That computer blocks the car from working in many situations, eg if you run out of battery.
In those situations you have to go to the auto shop and have the computer reset so it can drive again.
It will also happen if they send the "you need service about now".
I don't have a full list of all cars this is an issue on as I haven't bought one of every make to test this.
And car radios have been an issue for many years, some integrate it into the dash board, some make some weird special sound system that you cannot replace with a standard radio.
>>
>>52492103
>In case you have not owned a new car, there is a computer in almost all of them.
you what?

>That computer blocks the car from working in many situations, eg if you run out of battery.
come on mate, are you starved for attention this badly?

>In those situations you have to go to the auto shop and have the computer reset so it can drive again.
this is just a simple sensor on a circuit board, it happened in my 96 honda as well as all other cars. Are you trolling? Why are you formatting your paragraphs like this?
>>
>>52491605
What about installation costs?

Whenever I graduate from uni and hopefully have a stable job etc. I want to buy a small house with solar panels. By the time I graduate school they should be even cheaper

Fuck yeah solar!
>>
>>52491041
The fossil fuel giants will do everything in their power to not let this happen
>>
>>52492501
Yeah pretty fucked up isn't it.

Their power can only reach so far though.
>>
3d printers capable of printing with any material
>download blueprint
>buy cans of powdered material
>print working electronics
>never have to go out to buy new shit anymore
>forever alone at home with printer waifu
>>
>>52491030
The Singularity
>>
>>52491030
e-ink color displays with high refresh rates
>>
>>52491113
Dildo with mouse controls, or even gamepad controls

>Use your computer with just the power of your sphincter
>>
>>52491534

This is b8. Have you seen how prosthetics have changed in the past 5 years?
>>
>>52491534
2/10
>>
Memristors or photonic computing.
>>
File: giphy (3).gif (1 MB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
giphy (3).gif
1 MB, 310x310
>>52493776
>>
>>52494133
I bet she gives good hand jobs.
>>
>>52494133
Those hands are pretty cool.

If I lose my hand, though, I'd prefer to wait until I can get a more advanced one with a tool mount and valve fittings for air and hydraulics.

Or maybe an extra joint or two on the arm would be nice as well.

>tfw no gf to perform maintenance on
>>
File: pissing Hitler in the ear.png (13 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
pissing Hitler in the ear.png
13 KB, 800x600
>>52491030
A fagbuster with independent locomotion.

It will bust fags on cycles and "Segways" without handles.
>>
>>52494237
reminds me of a certain CHINESE CARTOON
>>
File: so-sad-i-cri.jpg (35 KB, 480x543) Image search: [Google]
so-sad-i-cri.jpg
35 KB, 480x543
>>52494581
>>
>>52491030
SpaceX ;^)
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.