[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tips for learning how to program?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1452869038355.png (49 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1452869038355.png
49 KB, 300x300
Any tips for learning how to program?
>>
Learn how to program
>>
File: 1452364572455.jpg (14 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1452364572455.jpg
14 KB, 250x251
>>52490964
>>
Learn C# first, its very easy. The easiest is VB.NET
>>
>>52490959
This is the best course to learn programming.

You will learn everything you need to be able to program whatever you want with a little googling.

https://www.udacity.com/course/intro-to-computer-science--cs101
>>
>>52490959
Git gud
>>
>>52490959
i began learning pure data (im musician, so i needed a noob approach to logic) then processing (java based, helps me a lot with the sintaxis, variables, arrays) then C++, pick various books not only one, theres somewhere a torrent with a lot of them, there is Stackoverflow and a lot of youtube 101 tutorials that helps.
Maybe you should start answering what do you want to do with that hability, then search the best tool for it.
>>
>>52490959
don't.
>>
>>52491185
Have to. Doing cs.
>>
First do discrete mathematics.
>>
>>52490959
Step 1: look up tutorials online instead of asking 4chan.
Step 2: since you're already fucking up, odds are you shouldn't even bother.
>>
set yourself a project. one you don't know how to do right now.

figure out how to do it with googling and the language's docs
>>
Get a background in category theory.
>>
>>52491229
nah I am going to persevere and do it.
>>
>>52491091
Faggot here, what can C# be used for?
>>
>>52490959

1. Get a Beginners Book for the Language you wnat to Learn
2. Read it
3. Recreate the Codebits/Examples in it
4. ???
5. You're a Code Monkey now.
>>
>>52491381
To make programs.
>>
>>52490959
you need to study pure mathematics to become a capable programmer. don't even bother, fegit.
>>
Learn low level stuff like c++ or something to actually know how programming languages and data structures work. Then move on to higher level stuff like C# or Java. If you just want to make an app asap, then just skip straight to the high level languages
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.