[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /g/ opinion on the Remix OS for pc? I have an old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: sdfgsdfgsdfg.jpg (41 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
sdfgsdfgsdfg.jpg
41 KB, 680x383
What's /g/ opinion on the Remix OS for pc? I have an old laptop that I want to give to my mom, so she can browse, watch some movies in Kodi and stuff like that. Is it a good option?
>>
>>52489893
If there ever was a single meme OS, it would be remix OS.
>>
File: 1452653053832.jpg (68 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1452653053832.jpg
68 KB, 540x405
>>52489940
Wow good reply, I really like the effort you put into formulating a well developed response. Next time I hope we can count on your excellent counsel.
>>
>>52489893
stop shilling this shit here
>>
>>52489893
When will chinks stop astroturfing this meme communist spyware? Ling, go home. You're not wanted here.
>>
File: ee8.gif (1 MB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
ee8.gif
1 MB, 600x706
>>52489893

Fuck off chink botnet

Sage sage sage sage sage sage sage sage sage
>>
>>52489893
>>52490442
fuck off with your chink botnet.
>>
>>52489893
I think its a pretty coool concept but it isnt anywhere near ready for daily driving. Its buggy and a lot of the standard features of a desktop OS are missing. I would look elsewhere OP.
>>
> You agree that you irrevocably waive any and all ownership, legal and moral rights to your user content.

> You're also not allowed to oppose "the basic principles determined in the Constitution of the People's Republic of China", harm it's "national honor and interests", or undermine it's "national religious policy, promoting cults and superstitions".

> Also, you're not allowed to spread rumor, disturb social order, or undermine social stability.

It's great, I guess
>>
Does it work? This seems like a decent idea for an HTPC.
>>
>>52491472
do you actually know what sage means newfag?
>>
No. It's terrible, a botnet, and violates the GPL. If you don't care about freedom, you'll care about its poor performance and its bugs.

As a concept, on paper an x86 Android-based distro might be an ok idea for a facebook machine or an HTPC. In reality, the execution was bad and you're turning your hardware into a Chinese spy machine to boot.

Stay away.
>>
>>52492651
>Chinese spy machine
Can I get some more info on this?
>>
>>52489893
https://tlhp.cf/remix-os-violate-gpl/

It looks cool, but I don't trust them.
>>
File: 1442571440263.jpg (21 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1442571440263.jpg
21 KB, 800x600
>>52489940
>>
>>52490442
Why dose a OS that gets fucking spammed to this forum deserve a real response?

Its shit, and theres no getting around the fact its just another android spin with a heavy skin
>>
>>52492667
>https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10886979

>1. "You agree that you irrevocably waive any and all ownership, legal and moral rights to your user content."
>2. You're also not allowed to oppose "the basic principles determined in the Constitution of the People's Republic of China", harm it's "national honor and interests", or undermine it's "national religious policy, promoting cults and superstitions".
>3. Also, you're not allowed to spread rumor, disturb social order, or undermine social stability.

Like I said, stay away.
>>
>>52492740
thanks
>>
>>52492693
>openly stating that a release of an Open Source distro isn't open source
well fuck that then, lubuntu for lyfe
>>
>>52489893
1. It manages to violate not only the GPL license but also the APACHE license.

2. The EULA is a fucking joke.

3. It's a botnet.
>>
>>52491472
>announcing sage
>botnet meme
fuck off cancer
>>
>>52492633

> newfag calling
> obvious virgin
>>
>>52493834

> Hating on correct statement
> kill yourself
>>
>>52491506
They wanted to copy the EULA from Xiaomi, but they copied the EULA for their forums, where these rules make sense, but not on a device.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.