[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft: Skylake owners must upgrade to Windows 10 within 18 months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: cpunano.jpg (74 KB, 624x344) Image search: [Google]
cpunano.jpg
74 KB, 624x344
The botnet jew strikes again. Good thing I got a 4790K for my VR build.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/221389-microsoft-skylake-owners-must-upgrade-to-windows-10-within-18-months-future-cpus-will-require-latest-operating-systems
>>
Naive. VR games are going to end up being mostly DX12.
>>
>>52489817
For fuck sake. I don't want Microsoft taking a screenshot of my files and scanning my PC for illegal things every 30 minutes on Windows 10 though. Is gaming of the future this policed?
>>
Or else what?
Future CPU's, sure, but current ones?
How will they enforce this? Intel's own microcode requiring windows?
>>
All this means is they won't provide theoretical platform specific updates/patches on older operations systems.
ie. IT'S FUCKING NOTHING
>>
>>52489836
The SoCs just won't support any OS that isn't Windows 10. AMD is doing the same. The only operating system the goy can use is Windows 10(R) Spyware(R) Scanning YOU(R)
>>
>>52489880
>The SoCs just won't support any OS that isn't Windows 10
They won't support any Microsoft produced OS other than 10. There are other OSes that will support the hardware just fine without any of the massive drawbacks that come with Microsoft's latest.

The headsets, hardware, and API (Vulkan) for VR are all going to be supported on GNU/Linux.
>>
good thing I switched to Ubuntu GNU/Linux

good thing I don't plan on upgrading my CPU for at least 3 more years

it just werks
>>
>>52489834
What do you think the purpose of bread and circuses is?
>>
>>52489797
Zen will be the same way so dont act like intel is the bad guy here
>>
>>52489914
>ported
>>
who cares about microsoft. Linux ftw.
>>
File: 1432453579167.png (82 KB, 388x402) Image search: [Google]
1432453579167.png
82 KB, 388x402
>>52490127
>>
>52489834

>Doing ANYTHING illegal on electronic devices or while having electronic devices on you.

You're dumb anyway.
>>
>>52489817
Wrong, most VR games are being made using Unity or UE which support pretty much any modern graphics API and will most likely support Vulkan as well.
>>
>>52490197
Of course I don't. But spare a though for all the poor criminals out there, who literally commit crimes with a smartphone in their pocket. GPS tagging them to the crime scene, which is pulled from a database where everyone's phone GPS has been.
>>
File: abstract kind of hell.jpg (61 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
abstract kind of hell.jpg
61 KB, 854x859
>vr will never come to linux
>microjew will continue to fuck up everything
>>
>>52490028
[citation needed]
>>
I thought a CPU was a piece of silicon you plug into motherboard?
How the fuck can they force you to upgrade?
>>
>>52490719
The CPU requires instructions, and different CPUs take different instructions, they can choose not to let an OS get an update to know what to do with those instructions.

Also, I remember a thread where some anon was 'locked out for security purposes' and everyone was saying it was because it detected his other bootable medium (a Debian install in the USB port) and locked the computer up. Did anyone test this yet? I'm still on Win 7 with no intention of upgrading since my vidya backlog goes back enough years to keep me busy.
>>
>>52490829
I have no more to add to the conversation but thank you for the explanation.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.