[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just grabbed one of these from a chinese sweat shop heard elementx
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: htc_one_m8_front_back.jpg (1 MB, 2893x2734) Image search: [Google]
htc_one_m8_front_back.jpg
1 MB, 2893x2734
just grabbed one of these from a chinese sweat shop heard elementx is a great kernal for battery consumption so what rom do you guys recommend? Should I stick with stock or would that make me a normie desu ?
>>
>>52489770
Install gentoo,
>>
>>52489770
>just grabbed one of these from a chinese sweat shop
You should flash your choice of ROM as soon as possible.
Doesn't matter which.
>>
>>52489782
but theres so many out there if only i had a name...
>>
what do you guys think of the HTC one A9 ? should i switch to CM ?
>>
>>52489829
CyanogenMod

https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=m8

"Download Latest Release". Don't go for nightly unless you don't give a shit about it being stable.
Make sure to follow steps for rooting and flashing thoroughly. Happy trails.
>>
Can I hijack this for a moment?

I think I might get rid of my old N5 this year and I'm looking at options.

I just googled this one because it looks kawaii and the top headline is "HTC One to finally get Marshmallow later this year"

What the fuck, is this for real? Are there any non-Nexus phones that don't suck?
>>
>>52489916
Wut? You do realise that the m8 got marshmallow on November last year, even before the m9?
>>
>>52489913
Does CM affect the m8 camera performance?
It's not that great but i don't want for it to get worse, as far as i know the LG G2 and G3 camera goes to shit after installing CM.
>>
>>52489913
cheers senpai love ya <3
>>
>>52489991
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EXdT_zD5ow
>>
I'd personally recommend CyanideL for a ROM. I seen better battery performance from it over CM.
>>
>>52490019
>two photos taken at random
But that doesn't tell me anything.
>>
File: 1433089169344.jpg (87 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1433089169344.jpg
87 KB, 640x480
>>52489770
You cant flash ordinary rooms on chinese htc.
I had one and it wasnt possible. Almost bricked mine.
Its all about the kernel.

I used a site called RoomZ to download cfw for it. Hope it helps.
>>
i have a m8 verizon and is not root for it
>>
>>52489991
It does, and it affects the amp. Flash a gpe rom, sideload the htc camera/gallery) and use xposed for customization

Got a Stock gpe mm rom with xposed its great
>>
>>52489777
>,
>>
>>52489770
If that's a GSM model, convert to GPE. anything else is pure autism.
>>
>>52490699
Ain't gonna pay $25 for S-OFF.
>>
>>52490817
You can flash stock mm on S-ON
>>
>>52489916
No, stick to Nexus phones, anything else will make you physically sick.
>>
>>52490990
wait what

Most "convert your x to gpe edition" say you need to have S-OFF as a prerequisite.
>>
>>52490817
Enjoy your stock radio and sense
>>
File: Screenshot_20160118-102921.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160118-102921.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
HTC M8 converted to GPe Marshmallow here

Feels great

>there are people who are too poor to give up $25 for S-Off
>>
>>52489770
Just FYI ElementalX doesn't really do shit for battery life out of the box.

If you get the EX kernel manager you can tweak governor settings and such to trade some perf. for battery life.

If you don't like futzing with settings see if there's a Franco kernel built for that phone and try that instead.
>>
>>52491128
That's weird, I remember S-OFF being free on the M8, but Sunshine jewing people out on the M9.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.