[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>takes nearly 2 minutes to refresh itself >apps are never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: DGzQg.png (25 KB, 220x250) Image search: [Google]
DGzQg.png
25 KB, 220x250
>takes nearly 2 minutes to refresh itself
>apps are never up to date with the Play Store
>app seems to always be in Alpha state

Why is this such a piece of shit?

Is it really that hard to make a package manager that isn't complete shit?

No wonder people on /g/ still use the Play Store over this.
>>
>>52487643
there are reasons behind it.

1) you have control over whether or not you want to update the sources
2) Once sources are updated you know what you're getting
3) Apps never being up to date with the play store has nothing to do with f-droid but rather package maintainers
>>
>>52487766
also, 2 minute download time is more like a problem with slow internet connectivity
>>
>>52487790
>2 minute download time is more like a problem with slow internet connectivity

I have 100MB internet and it takes that long. 3.5MB seems to take 90 seconds to download on this piece of shit.
>>
>>52487806
>>52487643
kys ty
>>
>>52487806
>works on my phone
>>
Any progress in fdroid for marshmallow?
>>
>>52487823
no
>>
>>52487823
Never had any issues fag here
>>
>>52487766
You are a blatant apologist
>>
>>52487823
Whats there to fix on MM?
The program works just like any other .apk in the planet.
>>
I like it and all but I kinda wish there was a Most popular/highest rated filter, descriptions tend to be so minimal you can't really tell if something is the best app for what you're looking for or if it's any good at all,leaving you kinda lost and having to bother /g/
>>
>>52489238

>and having to bother /g/

That or checking the wiki first you cunt
>>
>>52487643
And no fucking reviews or changelogs.
>>
Android is literally the one platform where apps actually get worse by updating, and you can't roll back by default. Why would you possibly want autoupdate?
>>
>>52489238
It would be nice if there was some curation, or at least some removal of old shit unmaintained packages which have been superseded by others.
>>
>>52492613
They do gray-out packages that don't work on your device.
>>
>>52492925
That's not what I meant and unless you're very stupid you knew that.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.