[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long until 4k TVs become what we pay for 1080p now? Can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: qx4D0.gif (2 MB, 341x270) Image search: [Google]
qx4D0.gif
2 MB, 341x270
How long until 4k TVs become what we pay for 1080p now? Can't be too far now. After seeing 4k I just don't want anything else.
>>
>>52485927
>2016
>Not using 8k
>>
>>52485927
Why even bother with 4K when content is rare?
>>
>>52485955
Because TVs and Monitors are used for more than gaymen and movies.

720 is for homeless people
1080p is already the poorfags tier.
4k is norm.
8k is the new richfags.
>>
>>52485927
>watching TV
>paying for it
>>
>>52485984
>4K is norm.
Fuck off Trump.
>>
>>52486069
It's okay to be poor anon. Your autismbux will eventually be good enough to afford a good tv.
>>
>>52486086
>I can't believe I'm replying to bait.
You are clearly new to /g/.
Even the richfags on here who post their setups don't have 4k.
>>
>>52486143
It's okay to admit your poor anon.
no ones going to make fun of you for not being able to buy it nor will we make fun of you for only gaymening and movie watchign on your computer.
>>
File: .jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>52486161
>>
4k is basically where we were a few years ago when HD was a big deal. 720p content was slowly coming in, and 1080p content was pretty much not there. 4k will be the next 1080p in a few years, and then a new meme resolution comes out
>>
>>52486197
4k is a cheaper bezzleless way into more screen real estate for people who actually use their computers.
>>
>>52486239
Translation for non retards?
>>
>>52486302
I can't tell if you're trying to be retarded on purpose or if you're actually just some retard.

not surprising when majority of this board is /v/.
>>
File: 1279412533692.gif (1 MB, 193x135) Image search: [Google]
1279412533692.gif
1 MB, 193x135
>>52486239
> "bezzle"
> implying higher resolution means smaller bezels
>>
>>52485927
You still can't afford one Jamal?
>>
>>52486430
That wasn't the point. It was not having 4 screens with bezzles in between like you do with multiple monitor setups, and you don't have to play the panel lottery to get matching quality.

In no way does buying a 4k disregard multi-monitor setups though. I know plenty of people who still have multiple monitors even with 4k screens. Hell at my work we have 3 of them setup for all of our monitoring software, but those are very big screens and very costly. .
>>
I'm saving up for a 4K + new Pascal card.

When will it be affordable? Summer - fall 2016 or is that too hopeful?
>>
>buy 4k monitor
>make icons bigger
>looks like 1080p again.
>>
>>52486543
and that's why you don't buy some 13-2x" 4k monitor.
>>
>>52486722
>don't buy a minor monitor in a reasonable size for a desk
Okay buddy

>>52486239
You don't magically get more screen real estate unless the screen itself gets larger. Yes I know it can technically still have more on screen but in reality people don't use monitors that way.
>>
>>52486478
It's spelled "bezel" you absolute fucking retard, I already corrected you in my last post and you still got it wrong.
>>
>>52486808
>a single 20s" monitor
>reasonable for a desk

sure if you have a tiny ass desk.

>You don't magically get more screen real estate unless the screen itself gets larger.
Which is the point of people even wanting TVs for monitors since the vast majority start at 40" and up which is good enough to not have to scale.

A big 4k screen isn't for everone, especially if you're not someone who already doesn't have multiple 20-30" monitors for more space. Everyday you people post about this being a meme simply because you don't know how to make use of it outside of movies and gaymen or you live in some tiny shithole NYC style apartment that can barely fit a 20".
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.