[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We are now in the year 20[16], the entire world seems to be moving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: no_wires.jpg (149 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
no_wires.jpg
149 KB, 800x800
We are now in the year 20[16], the entire world seems to be moving toward wirelessness. Will the personal computer and laptop become obsolete technology?

Will we all be able to interface with a giant supercomputer, by way of micro-electronic handheld technology? This is an interesting concept to consider. Will we all have the ability to access and process information by mobile telephones, or some type of miniture handheld technology? This will become a possibility.

Software and computer companies all over the planet are investigating and researching the possibilities and application of wireless information technology. Asia and Europe at this time are at the forefront in the race of wireless information exchange.North and South American companies are working fanatically to play catch-up in the world of wireless infomation networks.

NTT-DoCoMo, the innovators of the I-Mode cellular telephone who have approximately 13 million Japanese linked to the information superhighway are in the leadership position for this type of technology. People can now transmit e-mail, check financial activity and browse the internet through their mobile phones. But this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as possibilities are concerned.

Imagine one day of having the activity to accomplish all your daily tasks anywhere at any time without having to be at a particular location to achieve a certain task. In today's fast paced society people want unlimited flexibility and mobility, this is now mandatory for virtually every aspect of human progress.

Almost everyone possesses a cellular telephone, and the subscription number is expanding exponentially. One day we will all be wireless and this is a fact. One day we will be able to do almost everything by remote control, with a multiple array of digital handheld devices.

What will the implications be for humanity?

Who will benefit and who will suffer?

These are the important questions that we as a society must seriously ask ourselves.
>>
tldr
>>
first question: no
are you ok
>>
Great thread op, i applaud you.
>>
>Arpanet - The Analyst lyrics >============================
>
>These are the "lyrics" from Arpanet's "The Analyst" song from the "Wireless Internet" album. It's almost complete; just a few odd words I couldn't make out. Any help is welcome.
>
>***
>
>We are now in the year 2000. The entire world seems to be moving to wirelessness. Will the personal computer and laptop become obsolete technology? Will we all be able to interface with a giant supercomputer su...

http://stoneship.org/pub/arpanet_the_analyst.txt
>>
>>52479138
Do you suffer from dyslexia? Are you unable to process a relatively small amount of text in order to perceive the current state of technology in our world?
>>
>>52479208
It's from 2000
>>
OP your little speech is about a decade late. People have been doing the very things you're talking about (and much more) for a long time now.
>>
Old Core 2 computers are still used by schools and businesses, but I think one day people will just hook their phones up to their TV/monitor/projector to do all their computing. I prefer the way it is now, but you inevitably fight consumer trends in the long run
>>
>>52479289
>I prefer the way it is now, but you inevitably fight consumer trends in the long run
I agree totally. I miss the workstation days.
>>
does it matter
stfu
>>
Expecting that everyone would want to buy a laptop or a desktop machine was unrealistic. Desktop machines and laptops are destined to be niche devices that will never go away but that won't be mainstream products in the future.
>>
>>52479468
I see devices more like the Surface being the mainstream, not quite a laptop but not a small-screen device like the iPad.

I've owned them all and I still prefer the laptop over all.
>>
Subki>>52479289
We will just remotely project our imagination to a physical display...
>>
>>52479434
Yet another neo-/g/ reactionary. You do not even have the intellect to contemplate and discuss the future of our world. Why must you pollute this board with the your ilk, endlessly posting inane comments?
>>
>>52479131
I like that picture

Anyone have a higher resolution?
>>
>>52479754
Reverse image search it.
>>
File: the_truth_about_botnets.jpg (126 KB, 1095x662) Image search: [Google]
the_truth_about_botnets.jpg
126 KB, 1095x662
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.