[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever got as far as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: shittyram.jpg (45 KB, 590x331) Image search: [Google]
shittyram.jpg
45 KB, 590x331
My laptop uses only half its RAM, no matter what I do. This dumb shit!

What are your worst experiences concerning computer parts?
>>
>>52477971

What the fuck do you mean?
>>
How much RAM do you have in your laptop, and what version of Windows is it running? Maybe you're retardedly running a 32 bit version which limits your ram usage to about 3gbs.
>>
>>52477992
He has 16GB of RAM and naturally he only uses 8GB at most.
>>
Your OS caches shit on the rest. Don't worry about it.

On linux to check how much is cached use
free -h
>>
>>52477971
I demand a speccy screenshot of this foolishness now.
>>
Silly OP, you need to download more ram.
>>
>>52478013
If you just put some new ram, check if it is low voltage, if it is not and your laptop supports only lv ram, call yourself a dumb fuck.
>>
>>52477971
>ddr3 is not ddr3l
Some slots have a MHz limit.
>>
My netbook said it had 1 GB of RAM, but only 894 mb would show up in dxdiag.

then one day I opened it and added a 4 GB stick. There were no RAM sticks there so I assume that 1 gig is soldered.

Now dxdiag says 3.3 GB of RAM
>>
>>52478310
Thats because most notebooks run 32-bit Atom processers that can't use more than 3.3 GBs or RAM you dense fucker.

How is it that you even managed to open up a web browser and get on 4chan?
>>
I have a similar problem. My CPU is at 0% most of the time, how can I make it work at 100%? It feels like a huge fucking waste of money not using all of its power!
>>
Is OP actually 12?
>>
>>52478480
install gentoo
>>
>>52478480
I recived an Acer laptop for christmas when I was in 10th grade, under the default options (even under High Performance) Max CPU usage when plugged in was set to 0%.

Everything was laggy and I had no idea why, until I accidentally unplugged my laptop and the FPS for the N64 emulator I was using shot from 20fps to 60.

TL;DR: Check your advanced options for your battery's power plans.
>>
>>52478480

Install malware.
>>
>>52478006
The spec said 8GB, although it says only 6.9GB could be used. But in the end it never uses more than 3.3GB give and take.

The system is win10 and it is a 64bit system
>>
>>52477971
Your controller might only support half-the-size chips compared to those in your modules. For example, they have 2Gb chips, but only 1Gb chips modules are supported by the chipset. Used to be issue with Intel in the Core 2 Duo/Quad days IIRC.
>>
Oh man. Fuck HP
>>
i remember having a similar issue where my system ram was limited to some odd number.

turns out it was a tick box in msconfig limiting the total memory at OS level.
>>
>>52482151
this, and if it doesnt work go again to msconfig and untick the box limiting the ram and reboot AGAIN, believe me it worked for me
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.