[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips on getting into pirate radio?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: MG_1675.jpg (269 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
MG_1675.jpg
269 KB, 640x427
Tips on getting into pirate radio?
>>
Are you in the us?
>>
>>52471828
UK
>>
File: PUTV.jpg (21 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
PUTV.jpg
21 KB, 500x279
>>52471810
Minimize your time spent wearing a shirt.
>>
>>52471810
Have fun getting railed and arrested:
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2008/feb/19/ofcom.radio
>>
>>52471903
>i don't live in London
>>
>>52471925
> implying it matters
>>
>>52471903
Literally mafia extorsion. If you don't pay for a "legal" space you can't be on the radio waves.
How can they even interfere with police radios or ambulance radios when those don't even emit close to the 100 range.
>>
Currently in Oslo, is it allowed here?
>>
>>52472047
Exactly
>>
Bumping
>>52472177
Unsure although Norway are switching to dab in 2017
>>
>>52472177
They might find you eventually, but having your own FM system legally is not expensive.

non-commercial stuff is like 1500kr a year for transmitter allowance fee from P&T
Music is kinda hard, but if you are non commercial try some creative commons music, ergo free.
I think TONO copyright music is about 200k a year for 24/7, and some percentage of income of the radio station, fuckin sick.

You could be allowed to broadcast on FM even though they are phasing it out.
FM Gear costs around 10-50k for around 100-500 watts.

Don't know about DAB, but those are using centralised transmitters owned by some company called faggot Norkring, and renting a slot could be expensive.
I don't think you are allowed to have your own DAB transmitter because of this.
>>
I'd suggest trying this : https://youtu.be/CBb8BN0dqoQ
It's good fun to mess about with
>>
>>52473558
That has got to be one of the most cringey videos I have ever seen. Cool proj tho
>>
>>52474619
I know, but the overall idea is interesting
>>
>>52471810
that's no pirate radio, that's an urban windmill anon.
>>
>>52472047
Harmonics. Verizon recently whined to the FCC that the 8th harmonic of a radio station was interfering with their GPS service or some shit, even though it was well below the FCC requirements.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.