[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk office/desk chairs? Are there actually any DECENT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: officehair.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
officehair.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3000
Can we talk office/desk chairs?

Are there actually any DECENT chairs for under $300 or so? I'm a big guy 6"2, 240 pounds with broad shoulders so I'm looking for something durable and comfortable for a few hours at a time.

I had this highly recommended mesh chair and the arms fell off after 4 months of use. After that, the wheels start popping off from the bottom and they could not be reattached because they were held in by some plastic that had been destroyed.
>>
Exercise ball + standing desk
>>
>>52471513
to add to that, there are wheeled bases you can get that will fit an exercise ball if you absolutely need to be able to roll around.
>>
>>52471513

What is the advantage to an exercise ball?

I'd really like a standing desk, any decent budget ones?

I'm currently working on one of those folding plastic desks and an old uncomfortable wooden chair. Any upgrade would be nice.
>>
File: Alera ALEEL41ME10B.jpg (73 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Alera ALEEL41ME10B.jpg
73 KB, 1000x1000
>>52471509

I am a bit smaller than you - 6'0, 160 lbs, but even so I would recommend pic related. It costs around $200. I've had one for about a year and a half, and it is still going strong, and at around a quarter of the cost of a Steelcase Leap, it's nearly as comfortable (once make all the adjustments it allows; there are many, including back-height which would probably be useful for you). There's room enough in the chair for someone a bit broader than me, I think.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049UCECE
>>
>>52471615

That's the chair I had that broke after 4 months if you read the original post.

I could see it being perfect for people under 200 pounds, but I barely used it and it fell apart under normal use.
>>
>>52471536
Exercise ball is already capable of rolling. Stop falling for advertising.
>>
>>52471509
I have the chair in OP's picture. It costs like 60 dollars and the gas lift only expands up to like 15 inches. You are sitting like 2 feet off the floor with it. It is a terrible, uncomfortable chair, but its so cheap.
>>
>>52471601
>I'd really like a standing desk, any decent budget ones?

no, anon. did you miss the shit that was posted here a month ago that proved standing desks are no better for your body than regular desks? as long as you're stationary it makes no difference whether you're sitting or standing, not to mention standing for 8 hours a day is uncomfy as fuck.
>>
>>52471509
>I'm a big guy
>>
>>52471632
Surprised and sorry to hear that. Mine has held up so well I couldn't imagine another 60 pounds would make much of a difference, but I guess it did. Sucks.
>>
>>52471632
stop being such a fat fuck
>>
File: HON-BRAND-SAVED-MY-LIFE.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HON-BRAND-SAVED-MY-LIFE.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>52471509
all crap chair. probably ca117 compliant foam laced with outgassing chemical poison mixture fire-&-human-potential retardant hurting people slowly every day hidden slowkill agenda.

wait what's that a mirage in the desert distance its HON BRAND. HON BRAND chairs NOT coated in ugly chemicals. HON BRAND chair of the future. HON BRAND chairs hip hip hooray for the abolishment of cancer cocktail often times making up TWO THIRDS of the foamweight of your chair! disgusting throwing up! HON BRAND, go HON.
>>
>>52471724
to be fair, you're less likely to slouch standing up, but that's about it
>>
>>52472051

the fuck is this chinese copypasta shilling
>>
KAB Seating ACS Executive here, love it as much as bridget regan
>>
File: 145304984094298475196.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
145304984094298475196.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
If you go to a Sam's Club(if you live in america), they have nice ass chairs under $200. Actually had one for $95 that was leather and shit.(not this one, but it's decent too)
All you have to do is test the chairs out.
>>
File: Best label.jpg (512 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
Best label.jpg
512 KB, 3000x2250
>>52472366
Quite simple: California technical bulletin 117 put cancer in the chairs you buy. Lucky for humankind, an amendment was made in 2013 called TB117-2013 that makes it possible for manufacturers to NOT add harmful chemicals to their chairs for fire resistance. However most companies are still spritzing their shit with ineffective garbage-molecules, making their way into the dust and the air you breathe, giving you a colorful array of health problems. Bad news is it's almost certainly in your couch & mattress too (part of the reason only the consumer can tear the tag off, you need to be informed that your mattress is laced with impending disease). If anyone actually gives a shit, furniture manufactured by Ikea after Jan 2015 should be devoid of these terrible chemicals. Also Staples, Ashley furniture & others have pledged to eventually phase out suppliers that add these chemicals, which is where I found the beacon of light and hope that is HON.
>>
>>52472517

This is almost on the level of GMO government conspiracy chemtrails bullshit.
>>
>>52472654

you're spouting this bullshit without any actual evidence/sources.

>HURR DURR RESEARCH IT YOURSELF RETARD HA!
>>
>>52472515
>Actually had one for $95
>leather
Pick one senpai
>>
Stop being poor and buy an aeron
>>
>>52472725
Okay, it was something I sat in that didn't feel fake or rough. It felt thick and strong like it would last.
>>
>>52472775
>implying I didnt already buy 20 during the dot com bubble burst
>implying i'm not gonna buy 20 more when this app bubble bursts next year
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
>>
>>52471724
>>52472059
The whole point of a standing desk is that you're able to move around easily and work

I like to dance while I listen to music
>>
>>52471760
>>
>>52472497
Will you fuckers stop being so autistic about access to SciFinder?

Worry about Chinese haxors downloading your database, not college kids accidentally reading more than five pages a day or using it from home
>>
>>52471509
Lose weight, porky
>>
I've had this since the start of June 2015:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00P930X1Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
Serves me well, still in one piece. Putting it together was easy enough, its comfortable for me and everyone I've had round who's sat on it. Doesn't cost fuck all and yeah, pretty nice.
I'm certain if you spend 10x the amount it could be more comfortable, but it wouldn't be 10x more comfortable, I highly doubt.
Its a matter of preference though, I suppose.

As for me, I'm 6'2 and 230lbs
>>
>>52471509
That chair is one of the biggest scams on amazon.
I got a proper office chair from a local business which went bankrupt, paid it nada, feels good.
>>
>>52471724
sitting is about 100x worse for your spine than standing
>>
File: chair.jpg (47 KB, 414x640) Image search: [Google]
chair.jpg
47 KB, 414x640
why is it so hard to find a dark green leather chair under 150? all of the ones are 200-1000

Pic related I had a PU Leather version of this and need a replacement
>>
>>52474855
>fake leather
enjoy your sauna
>>
>>52474863
More like rips, my room has a lot of furniture of that color and I can't stand brown/black chairs and the best I can find of this chair is this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141867980403

What the hell is saddle glove soft leather anyways?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.