[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motherboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Hello, /g/.
I have homework about motherboard components, but to be fair I cant really get few things right. Would love if you could help me with few questions that I have atm ^^
Did I understand these things correctly?
1. What are the most important parts of MB to describe in my presentation.
>(I already wrote about Integrated Pereferial connector, Integrated Ethernet chip, Sound card, BIOS chip, I/O chip, CPU Slot)
2. The PCI. As I understand it's for adding hardware like graphics card to motherboard. + there are like express types for different sized hardware.
3. SATA. What exactly SATA connects to optical and hard disc drives?
4. DIMM. Is it RAM for personal computers?
Every bit of information is appreciated.
>>
>>52469079
the motherboard chipset bridge (north and south bridge) interfaces every other pc component to the processor.
The sata interface protocol is different than the PCI protocol.
Each of pc component may have different protocols, thus the bridge chip comesin to interconnect between different protocols
>>
>>52469113
Thanks for response, so the SATA and PCI does add stuff to motherboard, but each of them does it with specific hardware, use?
>>
>>52469079
>Every bit of information is appreciated.
How old are you anyway? Do you want us to help with your homework / presentation or what?
>>
>>52469079
Do your own research or quit. You don't deserve a certificate if you let us do your homework.
>>
>>52469524
I'm 18. English is not my native language, but I wan't to be nice to people who actually spend their own time to answer my questions that I can't find or just don't understand the answer to.
>>
>>52469572
Pretty sure your language is not too obscure to have wikipedia pages or other webpages about your components in order for you to understand the content.

Have you considered getting into the nitty gritty as in different busses, a little closer to the hardware, ICs, gates, ones and zeros? I found that much more interesting than the bus width of some connector..
>>
>>52469079
you're indian, you should be born knowing how to tek support
>>
>>52469594
Going to keep it short :) I agree that putting enough time in searching i will find the correct answer. I truly have, but I'm not spec enough to understand have I understood some things correctly. I really don't wan't you to waste your time on me so have a nice day man :)

>>52469609
I'm Latvian, but I belive in Hinduism so you are not far from right :D
>>
>>52469660
Stop using smilies. This is not a 'make a wish foundation' community.
>>
>>52469698
:):):):):):) But I like being positive, please if you don't like the happiness go outside, breath air and look on the world from different perspective :):):):):):)
>>
>>52469730
There's no world outside, away from tech!
If you go outside, you die!
Melting!
The outside world is full of normies.
Normies mean death to tech knowledge!
Normies are ignorant!

Stay with tech!
But be positive!

Tech is positive!
Be tech!

Be happy :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd
>>
>>52470160
Only thing I actually hate is "XD". ^^
Have a wounder full day man :)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.