[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that AMD is literally on-par if not superior to Nvidia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1453007290903.jpg (317 KB, 1051x633) Image search: [Google]
1453007290903.jpg
317 KB, 1051x633
Why is it that AMD is literally on-par if not superior to Nvidia but they are so far behind Intel?
>>
History.
AMD's GPU division was an acquisition of ATi and it's weird to me how people really don't remember ATi. ATi was the one against nvidia and they were doing great. Then AMD took them over and they've been stagnating.
I mean shit it was like 4 years ago how fucking ignorant can you be

As for the CPU side, back when AMD's CPUs were better than intels (yes this really happened) (The difference was staggering), intel bribed OEMs and producers to not use AMD chips, pushed out intel ads to say how awesome the p4 was compared to the athlon 64 (intel lying through their teeth) and basically went through a massive anti-trust campaign to cuck AMD out of their market.
The result is intel dominance.
Hell there was a settlement where intel paid AMD $1.3 billion to settle the lawsuit.
AMD shouldn't have settled. AMD lost tens of billions from intel's anti-trust actions.

The tl;dr is that intel literally broke the law to stop AMD winning.
>>
AMD is not on par with Nvidia at all
>>
>>52467834
i bet amd cpu departmentlost every bit of motivation when after they built best cpus in p4 times and "lost" in marketing despite having both best performance and best price/value on the market at the moment.
>>
>>52467834
sauce
>>
>>52467862
>Then AMD took them over and they've been stagnating.
But they haven't, the GPU division has been doing great every gen
It was probably the only good decision AMD made after the Athlon 64 and before Zen
>>
File: 1452639031732.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452639031732.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>52467884
Prove it without using memes
>>
>>52467884
Lies AMD is neck and neck with Nvidia, they may lose at the highest end(varies between benchmarks) but everywhere else their hardware is competitive. They really just need to work on their drivers.
>>
>>52467862
I wonder if a brand refresh would help out AMD. I think people are actually driven away by those red stickers on the laptops.
>>
AMD, lower performance, significantly higher power consumption, sales so bad keep cutting GPU prices by $150, hurting margins even more

Not on par at all, but keep on repeating your worthless memes
>>
>>52467884
Sure they are. Besides the 980ti, AMD is a better choice at all other price points.
>>
File: power_maximum.gif (72 KB, 400x1227) Image search: [Google]
power_maximum.gif
72 KB, 400x1227
AMD HOUSEFIRES

AMD HOUSEFIRES EVERYWHERE
>>
>>52467923
>http://nhentai.net/g/92481/
Use Google you lazy pleb
>>
>>52467948
Before AMD took over, ATi cards were doing BETTER than nvidia, not just on par. It was ATi that was forcing nvidia to cut prices, not the other way around.
>>
>>52467962
I think they should change their colour to blue and hope intel doesn't sue them
>>
>>52468016
AMD is still forcing Nvidia to cut prices. Nvidia had to release like 4 enthusiast level cards because AMD kept knocking out their top cards.
>>
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5775/amd-hd-2000-hd-3000-hd-4000-gpus-being-moved-to-legacy-status-in-may

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9815/amd-moves-pre-gcn-gpus-to-legacy

All these AMDPOORFAGS morons that bought the cards have no drivers
>>
>>52468061
>16 to 14 years old
Nvidia cripples their GPUs in just over a year so you have to buy a new one.
>>
>>52468061
They're not dropping all support for the cards they're just not releasing performance profiles for newer games. Radeon 4000 series has been out for 8 years, that's plenty of support for cards that are basically comparable to low end budget tier shit these days.

FWIW I actually have a radeon hd 4850 running in this computer and I don't really care that its in legacy. It runs stuff pretty well even today, I know it's not top of the line but its still plenty powerful for what I do. I think I'll probably upgrade with polaris or whatever comes immediately after though.
>>
>>52468127
Here comes the memespouter that doesn't know shit
>>
>>52468061
Pre GCN cards are like over 5 years old dude

What are new drivers gonna do?
>>
>>52467834
Because Intel makes literally amd's entire market cap in a month and can then reinvest the money.
>>
>>52468210
To be fair. That is a legit thing when it comes to video games.

That or Nvidia are just some of the most retarded software designers in the world.
>>
>want to switch to AMD because Nvidia are even more evil than fucking Google
>Intel doesn't seem much better either
>can't because I've had to many bad experience with their stuff

Fuck AMD. Just step it up so I can get off this damn Nvidia train.

When are the Chinese gonna start making their own CPU's and GPU's?
>>
>>52468000
Couldn't fap, too cute.
>>
>>52467957
This
>>
>>52468333
You are retarded. Every word in that post you made makes it very appearant that you lack any and all intelligence.
>>
>>52467955
>prove it whitout using memes
>uses memes
Just off yourself...
>>
>>52468397
Well. I can't really disagree with that.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.