[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone doubts of their laptops cameras, whether disabling them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Everyone doubts of their laptops cameras, whether disabling them on bios actually prevents the OS from accesing it is something we cant know.
>inb4 they have leds
And yet the some OSes still see them after disabling them in BIOS. Some go as far as physically disconeting them in addition to black tape. But if people are worried about something relatively in your control why do I never see concerns over tightly locked devices like phones?

So should I tape my phones front camera or is that going too far?
>>
>not taking apart your phone and desoldering the whole front camera module from the mainboard

How hard do you want me to SHIGGY in 2016?
>>
I share this concern
I destroyed the webcam in my laptop and put tape inside the hole
But i havent done anything to my phone
>>
if you're visiting shady websites and downloading sideloading apks from shady sources then probably
>>
>>52465924
And lose resale value and the ability to use it ever again, great idea.

>>52465966
Im actually worried about the real NSA here, google has no problems bending down for manufacturers, imagine the number of backdoors they made for the government in particular. Also no led indicator here.
>>
>>52466000
>resale value

I...... now who is enough of a cheapskate to care about their phone's resale value? or
>>
>>52466131
>implying
Literally nothing wrong with that and its one of the reason cases are so popular, I dont use one because I dont have sausage fingers though.
>>
>>52465899
>whether disabling them on bios actually prevents the OS from accesing it is something we cant know
Are you retarded?
>>
>>52466131
>resale value

Usually poorfag iphone users. They get that "designer" phone, wrap it in as many ugly cases as possible and hope to get some bucks for the used one, so that they can throw their money on the newest models.

In the end you lose money if you do so. A phone should be used as long as possible until servicing it makes no sense.
>>
>s3 user
what should i do?
>>
>>52466962
Upgrade.
>>
Just use EFF stickers. They are easy to remove and stick again. https://supporters.eff.org/shop/laptop-camera-cover-set
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.