[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /g/, I'm in a hotel in Orlando, and just got pic related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 480602-google-chromecast-2015.jpg (15 KB, 333x245) Image search: [Google]
480602-google-chromecast-2015.jpg
15 KB, 333x245
So, /g/, I'm in a hotel in Orlando, and just got pic related. I want to set it up, but the hotel WiFi has a browser login so I can't connect to the internet.
I've tried to turn my phone into a WiFi repeater with fqrouter2, but it always fails to lunch (Moto G LTE first gen). I'd set up a hotspot if I had a laptop with me but I don't. Any solutions or should I just wait until I get home to try my new Chromecast?
>>
fuck off
>>
Chromecasts were specifically designed to not connect with public WiFi
>>
I've been through this myself. Anything short of tethering through your phone won't work.
>>
>>52464932
>Step 1: Get out of your room
>Step 2: Go ask for the password at front desk
>Step 3: Use it
>Step 4: ???
>Step 5: Profit
>>
>>52465483
butwhy
>>
>set your phone to the mac address of the chromecast
>log in to the network
>change it back
>connect the chromecast
>>
>>52464932
Did you try calling the front desk?
>>
>>52465562
This.
Also, if that's too much I've had my wife call the front desk with its mac before and they'll get it authenticated.
>>
>>52465558
> butwhy
Same reason Mozilla removed "newtab.url" from Firefox
>>
File: 71QKzcko9mL._SY355_.jpg (33 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
71QKzcko9mL._SY355_.jpg
33 KB, 355x355
>>52464932

>not using the superior Fire Stick
>>
>>52465558
Anyone on the network can access it.
>>
I've had that issue before too, and the best solution I came up with was to take a travel router with me so I could plug into an ethernet connection, then connect everything to my newly created network.

I'm curious if some of these MAC ideas would work though; I'm a little concerned that they require a competent hotel employee though.
>>
File: wmr-300_1.png (998 KB, 900x681) Image search: [Google]
wmr-300_1.png
998 KB, 900x681
>>52466955
>and the best solution I came up with was to take a travel router with me
This desu sempai.
I picked up one of these in Japan for about $20. They work pretty well.
>>
>>52467135
What is it? A compact little wireless router? Specs?
>>
>>52467154
http://www.buffalotech.com/products/wireless/single-band-wireless-routers/airstation-n300-wireless-travel-router
>>
File: 4L_fudEAp8G.jpg (33 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
4L_fudEAp8G.jpg
33 KB, 615x409
>>52465730
>2016
>letting your wife call the front desk

Getting this cucked
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.