[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nostalgia thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9
... if you mess up once you screw!
past experiences with computers of the 90s such as the feeling of satisfation or contempt for installing a drive of a plate or of how things burn easily in those days.
>>
Yea, in those times anyone who wanted to use computers needed a brain and some actual knowledge.

>configuring hardware resources such as IRQ manually so it works correctly
>configuring all kinds of stuff in DOS (or even in Windows 9x) manually so desired software works correctly and efficiently
>>
File: S36-PC.jpg (378 KB, 1149x1626) Image search: [Google]
S36-PC.jpg
378 KB, 1149x1626
>>52463377
I never have to fight with that kind of stuff with DOS shitboxes desu

Then again I don't use many peripherals with them and I've started using NT whenever possible.
>>
>>52461090
>post experiences
You mean post what you allowed yourself to remember, nostalgia is cancer.

>>52463377
yeah bro, now it's too easy. fuck, it all should have stayed hard and obtuse, so I can turn technology into yet another competition and put everyone into a virtual ladder and push everyone away
>>
>>52463377
I was around back then and I hated messing with IRQ conflicts and Plug and Pray in Win95. Things are infinitely better now.
>>
>>52464658
justin pls go
>>
>>52464787
Ned please come up with rebuttals, or try >>>/vr/
>>
>>52464809
you forgot to take your meds again friendo
pls go
>>
File: LaCie_1GB.jpg (459 KB, 1118x1591) Image search: [Google]
LaCie_1GB.jpg
459 KB, 1118x1591
>>
I remember using a cradle modem.
I remmber over clocking a 486 by installing a heat sink/fan and bridging jumpers with my dad.

I had a few 3dfx cards.

I remember getting a cd rom for xmas. It was huge.

I had the original iomega zip drive , the blue one with the parallel port and pass through.

I had a iomega Click drive.

I remember over clocking a thunderbird using a homemade watercooling set up.

I miss gateway.
>>
>>
>>52464901
the nostalgia quandary: you'll never have all this stuff now back again so you can judge it to be shit.

Museums make us masturbate to old deprecated garbage as if it were some mystical way of life not even 30 years ago. If only, if only, the dumb little glass could be removed and people could put their hands on it and use it, and find out how shit it is and was. But the glass will never be removed. Just like the glass and plastic of nostalgia goggles and rose tinted glasses can never be removed.
>>
>>52465050
why are you so bitter about this shit senpai that you feel the need to blog about it in every single thread

nobody cares that some fags on an anonymous imageboard called you a kid once when you were being a retard and hurt your feelings desu
>>
>>
The one abiding memory i have of my dad teaching me some basic DOS commands back in 1998; He was showing me hoe to mount a floppy in order to play vidya.

</sentimental blog>
>>
File: feel-00006.jpg (23 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
feel-00006.jpg
23 KB, 399x388
>EPSON
>>
File: crimson-1.jpg (3 MB, 4581x6462) Image search: [Google]
crimson-1.jpg
3 MB, 4581x6462
1/3
>>
File: crimson-2.jpg (3 MB, 4594x6448) Image search: [Google]
crimson-2.jpg
3 MB, 4594x6448
>>52467340
2/3
>>
File: crimson-3.jpg (1 MB, 2300x3226) Image search: [Google]
crimson-3.jpg
1 MB, 2300x3226
>>52467340
>>52467357
3/3
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.