[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>having to deal with a seller on ebay after he sold you an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: dspiscute.png (387 KB, 716x590) Image search: [Google]
dspiscute.png
387 KB, 716x590
>having to deal with a seller on ebay after he sold you an item that was grossly misrepresented
fuck
>>
>having to deal with buyers at all

Fuck you guys. eBay takes everything you say as gospel. I've had buyers say they didn't receive their item and get a refund, even when I used eBay's label and delivery was cobfirmed.
>>
>>52460987
It's almost always the Chinese that are pain in the ass, buyers and sellers alike.
>>
>>52460923
>actually using ebay
>>
>>52460987
>cobfirmed
Well there's your problem, you need to make sure it's cornfirmed too.
>>
>>52460987
>I've had buyers say they didn't receive their item and get a refund, even when I used eBay's label and delivery was cobfirmed.
did ebay throw the case out?
>>
>>52461016

No. I appealed too and lost. Also, anytime a buyer opens a case, eBay puts a hold on the payment. That's if your reputation is good enough. Usually the payment isn't released to you until 3 days after the tracking number you provided has been marked as delivered.

I've had listings removed for completely ridiculous, nonsensical reasons as well.

>>52461013

Sorry for the typo, I dont use a botnet keyboard that corrects my spelling.
>>
>>52461016
no, ebay always sides with the buyer, even if they're blatantly trying to scam you by pretending that the item never arrived or it "wasn't as described".
The buyer doesn't even have to send it back.
They can mail you a rock and it won't be held againt them
>>
>>52460987
yup same here, got scammed off of $200 this way
called them dozens of times, they don't give a shit
never using ebay/paypal anymore fuck em
>>
File: 1451803297980.jpg (161 KB, 688x688) Image search: [Google]
1451803297980.jpg
161 KB, 688x688
>just got an LG G4 used off ebay from a reputable seller for $250
>they provided lots of high quality pictures and I cant discern any scratches or scuffs on the phone from them
>they also claim it has a clean ESN
>tfw still worried until the phone arrives

This is normal right, literally the first thing I've ever got from ebay
>>
>>52464194

Bump
>>
>>52464194
As
>>52460987
has mentioned, it doesn't matter if they sent you a brand new phone, you can still return it because ebay sucks the buyer's dick
>>
I had bought a herman miller from someone in Ohio a while back

They shipped it almost 3 weeks later.

It came partially damaged, the ability to change height is fucked and it doesn't turn properly.

I was so angry at the person I couldn't even be fucked to raise shit at eBay because they were so fucking retarded.
>>
How do I sell a redeemable code on eBay?
>>
>>52465350

Then dont sell on ebay
>>
>>52465391
>digital items
ebay doesn't like the virtual item market, I've used playerauctions in the past.
>sold vidya game currency
>sold witcher 3 bundle key there too, software section
>ownedcore w/ paypal for selling accounts but that's risky
>>
Sell to a reputable buyer? I suppose I've been lucky with the five clothing items I sold there.
>>
>>52464194
I've bought tons of techno-shit there. Good sellers with good pictures are as good as gold.
>>
>>52460923
>win auction
>number@qq dot com - Even 4chan knows it's shit
>instantly get a feeling of sadness
>grossly misrepresented goods
>missing shit

Every time
>>
File: Seinfeld-Leaving.gif (773 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
Seinfeld-Leaving.gif
773 KB, 295x221
>>52460923
>using ebay
>>
File: 86543.jpg (67 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
86543.jpg
67 KB, 620x387
>ebay

Wasn't that 2003 Marty?
>>
>>52461013
>pointing out typos on 4chan
>>
If the seller is being a dick go over their head to ebay.
Ebay will side with you.
>>
>>52465391
Depends on what it's for. I've never had an issue selling game keys on reddit
>>
Because of bad experiences selling on ebay I only use sites like gumtree (uk) I guess it's like craiglist. It takes a little longer as the person has to travel and that limits a lot of buyers but having them come to wherever and test the goods and then have the cash in hand is much better than waiting a week or so only to get a refund quest saying that it doesn't work.
>>
>buy item off AliExpress
>$3 + free shipping
>get the item
>immediately confirm receipt like an idiot
>realize the item is completely the wrong size (I asked for x, the label on the package said y, and the actual fucking size was z)
>complain
>vendor says it's no problem... just ship it back for a refund or exchange
>implying I'm going to pay $10 to ship a $3 item back to China, which the vendor will probably never say he receives
>just give up

Fortunately, this sort of thing only happened a couple times. Most Chinese merchants are decent.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.