[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any decent, fun IRC networks/channels still around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (3 KB, 128x65) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 KB, 128x65
Are there any decent, fun IRC networks/channels still around for sarcastic nerds to just hang out and crack jokes without some preexisting Web community attached to them?

Or are they all warez and idling?
>>
>>52460699
#pasta on irc.rizon.net
>>
#ghetty on irc.rizon.net
>>
Come to #8church on rizon
>>
>>52460699
freenode ##linux is ok sometimes.
>>
Fuck #8church, cum 2 #ghetty - luis
>>
internet relay chat? ha, more like idle relay challenge, where you have to out-idle everyone else in the chatroom and the last person to idle the longest will be the last one to leave so he wins at IRC.
>>
>>52461661
When my pc starts it automatically goes into some irc channels. Can't remember the last time i said anything or even watched it.
>>
>>52461257

#ghetty is pretty fun, i like it here
>>
>>52461661
pfft just use a BNC pleb

idling is easy as fuck
>>
agreed. #ghetty is my favourite channel out of all of the ones i'm in.
>>
#/tech/ on rizon
>>
Whats the etiquette about using /msg?
Also, whats the difference on the receiving end between /msg and /query
>>
>>52463042
there is no etiquette about using /msg. you just use it when you want to talk to someone in private.

and, if i remember correctly, /query [nickname] just locks you into a /msg conversation with someone until you turn it off. at least that's how it worked ages ago in ircII.
>>
So you mean to say that IRC is a deadish protocol (similar to FTP and Telnet)?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.