[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is the Windows 10 botnet thing just a meme or is it true?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So is the Windows 10 botnet thing just a meme or is it true?

Can I turn off all the spying shit?
>>
>>52456574
Sent
>>
>>52456574
When you install the OS you gotta opt-ouit of off everything.
Turn off everything in Privacy Options.
Get Spybot Anti-Beacon.
Now pretend that you blocked everything because you actually did nothing.
>>
>>52456574
Yes.
>>
>>52456574
Windows Telemetry is no meme:
https://archive.is/X7Vn3
>>
>>52456641
Not op.

So never use Windows 10 and stick with 7?
>>
>>52457086
>using windows at all
>4032/2
Using Linux on a daily basis is not a meme. Granted, some gayms can't be played, but devs are making serious breakthroughs in performance, compatibility, and drivers compliance, without all the spying.
>>
>>52456574
>So is the Windows 10 botnet
Yes, yes it is. If anyone wants to pin you down and you are using W10, it'll be a matter of seconds. MS shills were denying this at first but nowadays they have a different strategy to justify this. (See below)
All your browsing logs, Areas where you logged in from your PC, keylogs and pirated softwares are probably listed in MS servers
>Can I turn off all the spying shit?
No unless you install a rootkit in your PC

More importantly: Do you have something to hide? :^)
>>
>>52456574
Nobody knows.

Such is life using proprietary software.
>>
>>52457183
>Do you have something to hide? :^)

Its amazing that Microsoft was able to burn this deluded logic into the minds of their shills.
>>
>>52457156
I know I know. I'm in the IT field and I have to learn win10.

And what type of spying? Browse history and credit cards?

I guess I'll learn it through vm.
>>
my wifes computer runs win7 and is getting reminders to go to win 10. How long before it auto installs and stuffs up and gives my wife no choice but to experience the wonderful world of gnu linux?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.